Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a map or list of the gun free/no carry places in orlando? I know the stautes and laws but i was wondering if anyone has had the bright idea to create a map?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a map or list of the gun free/no carry places in orlando? I know the stautes and laws but i was wondering if anyone has had the bright idea to create a map?
Humm, a map of schools, jails, police stations, court houses, bars, government meetings, crack houses, bordellos, etc?

Not sure if that would help anyone :confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Humm, a map of schools, jails, police stations, court houses, bars, government meetings, crack houses, bordellos, etc?

Exactly! Just read the statute, it is simple enough. There are no other "gun free" zones. Disney and the other parks frown upon concealed carry in the parks, and may ask you to leave if found out, but they are still not legal "gun free" zones.

From my standpoint, I genreally do not carry in the parks for reasons stated in many threads, although, I am starting to change that attitude to thinking about carrying a deep concealed pocket gun in the parks even though I believe it would likely NEVER be in my best interest to use it there ... it is the trip from the car to the gate that has me much more nervous these days. As noted elsewhere, you are pretty much alone in the attraction parking lots.

As for everywhere else in Orlando, I wouldn't leave my home base without it.

·
Registered
457 Posts

So pretty much avoid OBT :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the statute. but i was recently at the movie theater at city walk and they serve alcohol. i wasn't drinking or even in the bar area but when i went to the bathroom and i guess the cop saw the belt clip on my holster and told me i should take my gun to the car because they serve alcohol so im not supposed to carry there. I assumed there was something special about city-walk since the movie theater isn't a bar regardless of if you can buy alcohol there. ??

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
i know the statute. but i was recently at the movie theater at city walk and they serve alcohol. i wasn't drinking or even in the bar area but when i went to the bathroom and i guess the cop saw the belt clip on my holster and told me i should take my gun to the car because they serve alcohol so im not supposed to carry there. I assumed there was something special about city-walk since the movie theater isn't a bar regardless of if you can buy alcohol there. ??
You should have informed him he is ignorant of the law on this subject.

Translated to "Thanks officer, but you are mistaken, I suggest you contact you supervisor or State Attorney's office for clarification. Have a nice night."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought he was wrong. but I wasn't 100% sure and didn't want to ruin my night by starting an argument with a cop about a gun. wrong or not being ordered onto the ground and possibly taking a trip to jail before they realize that they were wrong and im released, given they don't try to create some charge to save face. (you know like i was resisting because i didn't get down fast enough) I just put it in the car until we left.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I thought he was wrong. but I wasn't 100% sure and didn't want to ruin my night by starting an argument with a cop about a gun. wrong or not being ordered onto the ground and possibly taking a trip to jail before they realize that they were wrong and im released, given they don't try to create some charge to save face. (you know like i was resisting because i didn't get down fast enough) I just put it in the car until we left.
Completely understand.

That why I started doing my own research and joining the forum, so I could better understand the laws.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
+1 to what brboyer said. The LEO was wrong. You were right.

Now, what do you do with that?

And, like you, you never win when you get into a peeing contest with a skunk.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Probable response could have been, Gee officer, It's not polite to look at other guys guns in the restroom.:D:rolf
Just kidding, would have said thank you for your suggestion. have a nice evening sir. continued on with my evening. I'm not so sure I would like going to a movie theater that serves alcohol IMHO.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I'm not so sure I would like going to a movie theater that serves alcohol IMHO.
We go to one locally once in awhile. They have round tables with comfy swivel rocking arm charis instead of theater seating and serve some basic bar grub...burgers, sandwiches, strips, wings, etc. along with the mandantory movie theater popcorn. :popcorn And, yes, they serve beer.

We don't really drink, but, I have to say, it's actually kind of a nice little change for a night out. Sit with some good friends, eat some decent food, and watch a movie without making a mess of someone's house. :laughing

I don't think I've ever seen anyone overly intoxicated in the neaely 20 years we've frequented that place. :thumsup

Since we typically make that a part of a night out doing other things, which may include a little game of pool or darts later at an actual bar establshment, we don't carry..but, even though they do serve alchohol, I wouldn't consider them a bar. So, I'd imagine carry is fine.

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Probable response could have been, Gee officer, It's not polite to look at other guys guns in the restroom.:D:rolf
Just kidding, would have said thank you for your suggestion. have a nice evening sir. continued on with my evening. I'm not so sure I would like going to a movie theater that serves alcohol IMHO.
We do, quite often. No : censored kids. Yes, I carry there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Considering that I'm applying for my permit next week and that I frequent Universal/CityWalk/that movie theater quite a bit (girlfriend is a Universal employee), this was a helpful subject...thanks for bringing it up!

·
Registered
195 Posts
So pretty much avoid OBT :D
Indeed. A crackhouse, however, is one "place of nuisance" I would want to carry in/near. :rolf

Not to poke fun at the OP, but is it really so hard to identify schools, government buildings, bars, and the other things mentioned in the statute?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts