Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have trained in gun disarms?

How many believe they can take it from someone?

How far from the muzzle have you practiced disarming?

Here's a few vids of disarms, the first one using a 38 snub with live rounds, where I just moved myself and the gun off body for brevity. He knows what I'm about to do, still can't pull the trigger on me. Some turd on the street will not be expecting you to move on them.

I've disarmed a few turds on the streets over a 28 year stint hunting these turds. What you see does work, one just has to "go for it" once shown the "how to".

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most don't train disarms from the back, or from either side, this one demonstrates all those and how far the muzzle can be from someone and still get off line and touching/owning their handgun.

- - - Updated - - -

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
My only "training" is as the "dummy" holding the gun... against none other than Brownie! :grin
(at the Threat-Focused course during breaks)

I remember saying, "OUCH!" a lot! And being on the ground. :)

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I have not but, I want to attend one of these classes (funds and time permitting).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not but, I want to attend one of these classes (funds and time permitting).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe we should look at another H2h/defensive edged weapons weekend in the Okee area.

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve watched all your videos many times.
They work on my son. :grin

Would be nice to incorporate a tiny bit of this at one of the TF classes?
Not enough interest in the TF gun courses for me to get back to Fla., but a H2h/defensive edged weapons course MIGHT be viable. I'd need 16 people at 250.00 for the weekend to make it viable. But doing one more of those, maybe alumni only we could get some great training in basics and move through more 2 on one, one on one.

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
Not enough interest in the TF gun courses for me to get back to Fla., but a H2h/defensive edged weapons course MIGHT be viable. I'd need 16 people at 250.00 for the weekend to make it viable. But doing one more of those, maybe alumni only we could get some great training in basics and move through more 2 on one, one on one.
How many times do I have to watch the videos to become an alumni? :rofl
After all I am a chairborn ranger!

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How many times do I have to watch the videos to become an alumni? :rofl
After all I am a chairborn ranger!
Alumni was just a thought, we'd open it up to fng's just for you :rofl

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Interested depending on my on call schedule

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Interested depending on my on call schedule
I know a couple of those attending that you likely have in mind for your classroom "battle buddy" if you did attend! That might be worth the price of admission for the rest of us! :rofl

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Maybe...

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I’ve told a couple of folks about you doing the disarms, and they didn’t believe anyone could do it. So I had them hold their finger pointed like a gun at me; on forehead, chest, to my temple, under my chin, just as I’ve watched you do many times, and told them “as soon as I start to move, go bang.”

They still can’t believe it, but they could never get to “bang,” even knowing I was going to do it. :grin

It works....:bowdown

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’ve told a couple of folks about you doing the disarms, and they didn’t believe anyone could do it. So I had them hold their finger pointed like a gun at me; on forehead, chest, to my temple, under my chin, just as I’ve watched you do many times, and told them “as soon as I start to move, go bang.”

They still can’t believe it, but they could never get to “bang,” even knowing I was going to do it. :grin

It works....:bowdown
:thumsup :grin

·
Registered
773 Posts
Been trying to catch up on posts, was gone on 3 month business trip to Mass. 3 months without a gun on me!

We do a lot of gun, knife disarms. Look the same except the defender starts with hands up, chest level position. Would seem to be in a faster starting position to disarm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts