Florida Concealed Carry banner

Gun Cleaning and lube question

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Orange Boy 
#1 ·
ok what does everyone use and or prefer to clean and lube their guns....
I use Hoppe #9 currently to clean is ok but stinky
I just started using militec-1 oil and love it and have been using their grease (cam with sig) and love it too (need to buy more)
Andy

#2 ·
Windex and olive oil. Oh wait that was from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

I use Hopps Solvent and TriFlow lube.

#3 ·
Back when I was a lad and we all loaded our guns from the front, Hoppes was about the only thing out there along with a bit of Crisco for the patch.

Now, with synthetic oils providing better protection than natural oils - and not gumming up as they get old - Hoppes is a dinosaur in the cleaning/lubing toolkit.

Brake cleaner (gun scrubber) to get the old oils off - don't get it in your eyes and don't apply heat to it. Flush all the moving parts.

Foaming Bore Cleaner - I thought my gun was clean until I tried this on a clean gun. wow. Spray this down the barrel, let it set for an hour (over night is even better). Then get the rod and patches.

CLP -Break Free or Rem Oil to protect and lube after. One lightly oiled patch down the barrel and spray down the rest lightly, rub off.

Some guns call for grease on the rails or other high friction parts. Less is more. If you can see grease, you've put on too much.

#4 ·
What I Use to clean my gun

I use Kleen Bore to clean and lube the bore and to protect the inside and outside of my gunSpringfield .40 XD. I also use Tetra Gun grease for the high wear parts like the slide and the points that get extra wear. Never had a hicup yet. Mark

#5 ·
What I Use to clean my gun

I use Kleen Bore to clean and lube the bore and to protect the inside and outside of my gunSpringfield .40 XD. I also use Tetra Gun grease for the high wear parts like the slide and the points that get extra wear. I also use Kleen Bores' Silicone Gun & Reel Cloth on the outside to protect it from my sweaty palms.Never had a hicup yet. Mark

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Clean my gun?:confused:

Who says i have to clean my gun!!!!!!:aarg

I have a Glock, I no have to clean my stinking gun.:smack

Brownie says a Glock will shoot perfect up till around 5000 rounds.

I'm only up to 1000 rounds, I still have plenty of time.:rolleyes:

When it needs cleaning i guess i will have to call up Deadeye or Xbonz, they live fairly close to me.

Cleaning guns not fun:(, Shooting guns is fun:ak

#9 ·
SuperTrkrE2812;

a Glock will shoot perfect up till around 5000 rounds. has been my experience with several of my training glocks but IF it's a carry gun, my guns are always clean and ready, erring on the side of caution. Thought that should be clarified for everyone here.

Brownie

#16 ·
I don't oil the spring. My routine cleaning is limited to scrubbing the bore, feed ramp, and face where the bullet seats, including the extractor.

After a few thousand rounds, I'll do a thorough cleaning, completely disassembling the entire pistol.

Revolvers just get the barrel and cylinder scrubbed.

My AR-15's get a little more attention. Unfortunately the military has instilled some OCD cleaning habits when it comes to that rifle.

I just use whatever solvent and oil is available.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.