Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Sunny Isles Beach Florida I moved here from NYC about a year ago and have been carrying concealed every day.

Currently hold permits from FL, CT, PA, Maine, Virginia, NH, and UT is on the way.

My current tools for personal protection:
Taurus Millennium Pt-745 Pro .45 ACP
Glock 19 9mm
Glock 36 .45 ACP with an internal Lasermax laser.

Rado

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rado. Looks like your prepared and ready for any potential threat to you and yours. It's nice to have another good guy in Florida. :drinks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys.

Flccnp, yeah you are right next door. I’m on 174th street. Good to know others in the area CC. What range do you go to? I’m always looking for nice spots to practice at. Currently I’ve been partial to American.

Rado

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome aboar Rado. Good to have you.:thumsup

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks Guys.

Flccnp, yeah you are right next door. I’m on 174th street. Good to know others in the area CC. What range do you go to? I’m always looking for nice spots to practice at. Currently I’ve been partial to American.

Rado
Yep, very close. I'm in Porto Bellagio. It is comforting to know there is another who takes safety seriously.

Been to American and the one on Hallandale (Big Al's). The 911 store in downtown Hollywood has a 15 yard range I've been meaning to hit. I work right by there so it would be a good lunch break. Planning on hitting Trail Glades this weekend.

Trail Glades has what they call a practical range which may be good to get to know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to the forum...I've looked in to other states permits...but could never justify the cost for as little as I travel...I DID consider the Utah...but that's about it.

May need to get the Tn soon...as we are trying to buy property up there.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Welcome aboard Rado! I left Manhattan about 14 months ago to come to Florida. Never felt the urge or need for concealed carry in Manhattan, but that is not the case here in Florida.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome:drinks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, very close. I'm in Porto Bellagio. It is comforting to know there is another who takes safety seriously.

Been to American and the one on Hallandale (Big Al's). The 911 store in downtown Hollywood has a 15 yard range I've been meaning to hit. I work right by there so it would be a good lunch break. Planning on hitting Trail Glades this weekend.

Trail Glades has what they call a practical range which may be good to get to know.
I can see your building from my window, I’m at Winston towers.
I’ve been to Big Al’s and the 911 store and was not pleased with the people working there especially Big Al’s. The people at American are much friendlier so I give them my money. Try to go at least one a week but with the $$$ for ammo I’ve had to cut down a bit.
Let me know what trail Glades was like as I’m always looking for new places to practice at.
Rado

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum...I've looked in to other states permits...but could never justify the cost for as little as I travel...I DID consider the Utah...but that's about it.

May need to get the Tn soon...as we are trying to buy property up there.
Thanks SingleStack45,

The permits average about $20 per year and since I do a lot of traveling it made sense to get the permits I was eligible to get. Much easier to show a Virginia trooper a Virginia permit then one from Florida and have him start asking questions. Plus if any reciprocity laws should change in the future, I have other permits to hopefully cover the state I’m traveling thru.

Rado

·
Super Moderator
10,821 Posts
Welcome aboard AM. Why don't you start your own thread to introduce yourself? This one is six years old. :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hey i am new in Sunny Isles Beach FL and as well in this forum , hoping to enjoy the conversation..
He must have searched on 'Sunny Isles' and it dug up an old thread?

I'm not sure the guys in this thread that were from Sunny Isles are still active on the forum. But, I'm sure if a new thread is started in the 'New Members' topic, he'll hear from those who are there currently.

·
Banned
3,837 Posts
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
30,210 Posts
Welcome from the Chesapeake Bay!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville