Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Sarasota.

Transplant from NJ, having moved to FL full time in 2016. Got remarried last year, and my wife, a lifelong Florida cracker (her description, not mine!) bought me my first weapon--a Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0--as a wedding gift. Christmas brought me a KelTec Sub 2000.

She was rather surprised when we started going to the range together. She just couldn't believe a Jewish boy from NJ could shoot.

Gave up riding my Harley a year or two ago, as I've decided there are too many nuts on the roads. So now instead of blowing my money on Harley gear, I get to spend it on my guns!

Anyway... got my CCW license in the beginning of the year. Looks like not a moment too soon...

Looking forward to learning from all of you.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Super Moderator
26,032 Posts
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, SRQ! :wave

Glad to see you made back to America and left the Nanny-State politics of the Democratic People's Rebublik of New Jersey behind. You have a quite a few comrades here that did the same! :2thumsup

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Welcome aboard from Cape Coral. May I suggest, if you haven't already, Jon Gutmacher's book 'Florida Firearms Law. It explains the ins and outs of firearms laws here in plain English.

·
Super Moderator
26,032 Posts
Welcome aboard from Cape Coral. May I suggest, if you haven't already, Jon Gutmacher's book 'Florida Firearms Law. It explains the ins and outs of firearms laws here in plain English.
Yup, already recommended here and in a PM sent shortly after that. :grin

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay as well, also from an escapee of the PRNJ! As you can see, it's in my Forum name (Free From NJ Got The F*** Out)! :grin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts