Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting all. My wife and I are building a new house in central Florida. We expect to be residents by mid year and are interested in learning about the range opportunities in the central Florida area. We have found and visited the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club and some of the Shoot Straight ranges, but we are uncertain if there are smaller venues we should visit in the area.

We already have our Florida concealed permits and also wonder if we will need to get different permits when we become residents. There is nothing to indicate that our current permits are for non-residents.

Thank you all in advance for any info.

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
Greeting all. My wife and I are building a new house in central Florida. We expect to be residents by mid year and are interested in learning about the range opportunities in the central Florida area. We have found and visited the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club and some of the Shoot Straight ranges, but we are uncertain if there are smaller venues we should visit in the area.

We already have our Florida concealed permits and also wonder if we will need to get different permits when we become residents. There is nothing to indicate that our current permits are for non-residents.

Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, WmGMurphy! :wave

Your FCWFL are still good. There is no such thing in Florida as non-resident permits, only resident and non-resident privileges honored by other states. For example, until you are Florida residents, your FCWFL permits are not honored for concealed carry in SC and while your firearms can be loaded and In your vehicle, they just cannot be carried on your person.

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome from Orlando :clap

·
Registered
4,794 Posts

No new license is required. Just change your address online...

The Florida Concealed Weapons and Firearms Licence (FCWFL) is not a resident/non-resident license. In other words, there is only one license. Note that your address is not on the license but, you must keep you mailing address current and that can be done online:

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/license/ChangeAddress.aspx?TYPE=790

(8) 
Within 30 days after the changing of a permanent address, or within 30 days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services of such change. Failure to notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25.

The only difference between a resident and non-resident occurs at renewal time. Residents don't need to submit finger prints for renewals.

And as you are probably aware, some states do not reciprocate, with some other states, if the license holder is not a resident of the state that issued the licence/permit.

Welcome to the forum. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay! :wave

·
Registered
5,362 Posts

Once you actually are residents,you should change the address on your permits so you get your renewal forms in a few years.
Also get your D/L,voting card.
When I recently did an In-State address change I was taken from the permit site to the D/L site to the voter registration site

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to FCC. I can't help you on central FL ranges, but if you ever wander over to the Manatee Co. area you should check out the Manatee Gun & Archery Range.

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, WmGMurphy! :wave

Your FCWFL are still good. There is no such thing in Florida as non-resident permits, only resident and non-resident privileges honored by other states. For example, until you are Florida residents, your FCWFL permits are not honored for concealed carry in SC and while your firearms can be loaded and In your vehicle, they just cannot be carried on your person.n
I believe if your home address changes, you have to notify / update your CCW info, right?

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
I believe if your home address changes, you have to notify / update your CCW info, right?
Correct and should have included that important info, but was covered by TitleIIToyLover in post #7. :grin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts