Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am here from Tampa Bay. I have had a Florida Resident CCW for many years now. I joined here looking for some recent information about carrying in a specific location, and got lots of info quick. Seems like a great forum so far.

My primary carry weapon is a Springfield XDs .45.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Milkman! :wave

Used to be another forum member with a similar screen name, Milkman Joe. :grin

Oh, and just to point out a subtle but important detail about the Florida Concealed Weapon and Firearms License (FCWFL), unlike many states, Florida doesn't issue "resident" and "non-resident" versions of FCWFL. In fact there is no address listed on the FCWFL and must be accompanied by a valid ID. However, some applications of law (particularly in other states but some in Florida, too), change based on whether the carrier is a Florida resident or not. For example, a Maryland resident can obtain a FCWFL and once outside Maryland, can carry a concealed firearm on a FCWFL in every state they pass through while traveling down I-95 to vacation in Florida except in South Carolina, where they cannot carry a concealed firearm on their person. :grin

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome from Tampa Bay. Glad to have ya, I would go into my normal spiel about how awesome this site is, but by the looks of it, you already know. Post often and read lots. You get more out of it that way. Great group of people on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts