Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the news headline. I added the parenthetical part.

They were "AT the range," but they weren't ON the range. Handling firearms outside of the shooting booth / behind the firing line is prohibited by virtually all ranges.

Not an "accidental discharge." 100% negligent.

This idiot should not be handling guns at all.

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
But, I am guessing that ---HE DID NOT PULL THE TRIGGER.
Ronnie

Reactions: oldhunter1954

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
That's the news headline. I added the parenthetical part.

They were "AT the range," but they weren't ON the range. Handling firearms outside of the shooting booth / behind the firing line is prohibited by virtually all ranges.

Not an "accidental discharge." 100% negligent.

This idiot should not be handling guns at all.
Racer called correctly, of course! Not "accidental" but 100% NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE! (n)

Reactions: RadTek

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Working part time at an indoor range has taught me one very important thing.

People are careless and will shoot all sorts of things... like the stall walls, the floor, ceiling,

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That’s pretty bad. Should not have been doing anything with his firearm there. Negligence. There are many videos just like this, at least these ones didn’t die.

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
Whole lotta wrong with that. As an RSO of 8-10 on indoor ranges I saw a lot of this as well as two suicides first hand.
So this idget has live ammo in his gun and not only muzzles and shoots his own hand but the woman next to him. Yep, fail, lose gun rights forever, here’s a baseball bat instead I’d be fine with.
Watched it several different times at different things. Bullet went right thru his palm and his fingers immediately curled in, major damage which he might not recover from. Watch her right hip and you’ll see it go in and out and you can even see the hole in her outer but cheek.
Employees? rush to her aid but ignore him and he walks off camera? Shows how quick things happen and how slow the human brain is to react. He knew he shot himself but for a second or so just looked at it like it was gonna go away? He was leaking pretty good. Floor had a good bit of blood on it fairly quick.

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
Right in front of the signs stating "no loading or unloading firearms here"...shear brilliance...

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
It is the """I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING""" about guns from the people that watch a lot of television.

I'll bet you instructors know exactly what i'm saying.
Range officers see it all and i'm sure you get the ones that just do not listen and do stupid stuff right in front of you.

Even some Police officers do not know enough about their Glocks to be safe.
I seen them on Live PD unloading a gun by racking the slide first and then dropping the magazine. ( Still one in the chamber) 99% of them actually do it right but it only takes one to be the fool with a gun.
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
It is the """I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING""" about guns from the people that watch a lot of television.

I'll bet you instructors know exactly what i'm saying.
Range officers see it all and i'm sure you get the ones that just do not listen and do stupid stuff right in front of you.

Even some Police officers do not know enough about their Glocks to be safe.
I seen them on Live PD unloading a gun by racking the slide first and then dropping the magazine. ( Still one in the chamber) 99% of them actually do it right but it only takes one to be the fool with a gun.
Ronnie
^ This is why I would try to have a conversation with an LEO if they ever wanted to disarm me at a traffic stop.
Probably would never happen.. but you never know. ??

Before making any movement, hands on the wheel, I would inform the officer I was IWB-holstered with a Glock-29 (or 26), and one in the chamber.

Could I just keep it where it is so everybody is safe?

Or, if he demands custody of it -- (in the interest of everyone's safety and while trying not to piss 'em off) I would then politely ask if he is functionally familiar with the weapon,
and advise that I would be handing him the firearm AND kydex holster all as one unit.

Or alternatively, I could step out of the car and have him (her) remove the Glock AND holster from my belt at 3:30 position.
Otherwise, I'd respectfully request that he call his Sergeant on-scene before I comply.

Not exactly sure how that would go down 100%, as it may depend on circumstances....
But I'm pretty sure I would not just hand over a live weapon (holstered or not) to an LEO without at least some verbal communication.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would inform the officer I was IWB-holstered with a Glock-29 (or 26), and one in the chamber.

And, THAT'S one of the many reasons I don't and wouldn't inform of my carry status. There's simply no benefit whatsoever to informing... and possibly MANY dangerous disadvantages to informing.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ This is why I would try to have a conversation with an LEO if they ever wanted to disarm me at a traffic stop.
Probably would never happen.. but you never know. ??

Before making any movement, hands on the wheel, I would inform the officer I was IWB-holstered with a Glock-29 (or 26), and one in the chamber.

Or, if he demands custody of it -- (in the interest of everyone's safety and while trying not to piss 'em off) I would then politely ask if he is functionally familiar with the weapon,
and advise that I would be handing him the firearm AND kydex holster all as one unit.

Or alternatively, I could step out of the car and have him (her) remove the Glock AND holster from my belt at 3:30 position.
Otherwise, I'd respectfully request that he call his Sergeant on-scene before I comply.

Not exactly sure how that would go down 100%, as it may depend on circumstances....
But I'm pretty sure I would not just hand over a live weapon (holstered or not) to an LEO without at least some verbal communication.
ALL of that can be avoided by keeping your carry status to yourself and simply taking the ticket.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Such incidents/accidents/negligence/whatever occur so infrequently as to merit national attention on those rare occasions they do happen.

Yeah, he's stupid, I would never do that, I'm smart and he's not, etc...

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Such incidents/accidents/negligence/whatever occur so infrequently as to merit national attention on those rare occasions they do happen.

Yeah, he's stupid, I would never do that, I'm smart and he's not, etc...
Sadly, I've seen MANY similar acts of stupidity at the range. Too many. And that's when I'm LOOKING. How many occur when I'm not looking? Then there is the forensic evidence of past stupidity - holes in the ceiling. Holes in the walls. Holes in the BENCH.

It happens frequently. What is most remarkable is how infrequently someone gets shot. I think we can chalk that up to dumb luck.

Reactions: Ronnie948

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sadly, I've seen MANY similar acts of stupidity at the range. Too many. And that's when I'm LOOKING. How many occur when I'm not looking? Then there is the forensic evidence of past stupidity - holes in the ceiling. Holes in the walls. Holes in the BENCH.

It happens frequently. What is most remarkable is how infrequently someone gets shot. I think we can chalk that up to dumb luck.
All three rules of safe gun handling must be simultaneously violated in order for an injury-or-death-inducing negligent discharge to occur.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All three rules of safe gun handling must be simultaneously violated in order for an injury-or-death-inducing negligent discharge to occur.
Yes. And?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In response to your surprise that actual shooting mishaps occur so infrequently.
Yes... it's pure luck that those who shot the walls, ceiling, and bench didn't happen to be pointing the gun at themselves or another human.

You implied that these morons intentionally disregarded only 1 or 2 of the four rules (you said three, but I know of four). In reality, they were disregarding ALL the rules (whether it be 3 or 4). Pure luck they didn't shoot themselves or another person.

Pure dumb luck. These idiots aren't following ANY of the rules. They just got "lucky" when they didn't hurt themselves or another person.

Reactions: mike1956
1 - 20 of 62 Posts