Florida Concealed Carry banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

· Registered
1,713 Posts
The message I’m reading here is that some of you are ok if Florida got signage so long as the penalties are minor and/or you view it as an immoral law?

Personally, as someone who lives with signage, I’d rather not.
I don't have chips in the Florida pot. I've lived quite successfully and uneventfully for many years in places where we have signage.

· Registered
4,104 Posts
With regards to Constitutional Carry in Florida, we will have to see how the midterms shake out. The amount of RINOs and Democrats will determine the viability of a bill, as well as the details like signs carrying the force of law, etc.

Personally, if we're to suffer the signs, here's a little ditty which could prove them not able to be implemented.

In a hypothetical gunbuster-sign-carries-the-force-of-law situation, the business or venue must take steps to actively enforce their wishes. Controlled access to the premises with metal detectors or searches. Otherwise if you just put the sign up, your sign carries no legal weight since you aren't willing to stand by your principles.

· Administrator
32,659 Posts
If a government-approved sign can infringe on your rights to keep AND bear arms, it's not constitutional carry.
No matter what they call it.
See post #10! (y)(y) 🤠

Reactions: mike_1950

· Registered
33 Posts
I’m a new member just read through this thread, what a disappointment on several levels…people actually wanting a permission slip to be required, people thinking that taking the mandated course actually makes people safe or “trained” and people preferring government control over private property owner control….just proves my point that being pro gun and pro 2A are two very different things

· Registered
5,064 Posts
I’m a new member just read through this thread, what a disappointment on several levels…people actually wanting a permission slip to be required, people thinking that taking the mandated course actually makes people safe or “trained” and people preferring government control over private property owner control….just proves my point that being pro gun and pro 2A are two very different things
You're going to fit in here nicely... :)
Welcome.

· Registered
8,428 Posts
I certainly understand your sentiments/beliefs. That said, please allow me to play "Devil's advocate" for a bit here, and introduce a bit of "realism" to the situation... "Florida Realism," that is.

The only way to achieve what you're seeking (i.e. complete and unfettered constitutional carry with no "force of law" signs) in Florida is to vote out (with few exceptions) all of the current members of the FL Legislature and replace them with legislators that will pass it and be able to withstand the onslaught that will come from the "Rodent/FRF" as a result. It's happened before and it will happen again. There was a time in recent history where Constitutional Carry was attempted, but it was quashed by legislators bowing to pressure from the Rodent/FRF to add "force of law" no gun signs. The only way they were able to stop the force of law no gun signs was to drop Constitutional Carry in favor of the current CWFL system.

Does it suck? Absolutely it does. Do I want to have to renew my CWFL every 7 years and pay $50.00 or whatever? No, I don't. But would I prefer that over living with the burden of "force of law" no gun signs, everywhere? Yes, I would. Furthermore, what would I do if I wanted to go out of state and have reciprocity? The only way to solve that would be for the United States to adopt "National Reciprocity and/or Constitutional Carry." Frankly, I think that would be even harder to pass than FL constitutional Carry (with no force of law signs)... especially with states like the PRNJ fighting against it.

If you can find a way to wave a "magic wand" and have the FL legislature pass Constitutional Carry without force of law signs (and keep them from adding that in the years to come), then I'm all for it. But, until that day...

· Registered
33 Posts
I can imagine the criminals just salivating waiting to snatch the gucci glocks which will proudly be on open display and ripe for the picking.
Lol. because it happens with such frequency in all the other states…I know you’re gonna trot out the same 5 or 6 instances that are always screeched about

· Registered
57,732 Posts
I can imagine the criminals just salivating waiting to snatch the gucci glocks which will proudly be on open display and ripe for the picking.
Open carry in Az. has people openly carrying regularly in this state. There's nary an incident reported of guns being snatched from open carried holsters.

I open carry from time to time myself. If they want mine, they'll have to work for it, not just snatch it from my holster.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
349 Posts
Open carry in Az. has people openly carrying regularly in this state. There's nary an incident reported of guns being snatched from open carried holsters.

I open carry from time to time myself. If they want mine, they'll have to work for it, not just snatch it from my holster.

View attachment 78589
Between the weapon, belt, and holster, that does look 'gucci'. Knowing you, I do have to chuckle when I think of somebody trying to snatch your weapon.

· Registered
16,548 Posts
Between the weapon, belt, and holster, that does look 'gucci'. Knowing you, I do have to chuckle when I think of somebody trying to snatch your weapon.
The only thing "Gucci" in that photo is the BIKE! (very nice by the way)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts