Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a few Colt revolvers, but never owned any with a 2.5" barrel. I came across this Python built thirty-three years ago in 1975 the other day that stopped me in my tracks. After sweating out the auction, I was informed that I won the bid.

It's too nice for everyday carry, but I decided to get a Del Fatti holster when my build number comes up next summer. (yes, there's a 2 year wait)

I think every once in a blue moon it would be fun to carry a "old school" classic revolver if you're stepping out on the town.

There is just something special about great American gunsmithing!

8/22/08 Update:
It finally arrived and after a bit of Flitz polish I snapped these this morning.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
That thing looks awesome. That's truly old school. Let us know how it shoots if you ever decide to shoot it. :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NK, YOU HAVE TO shoot a Colt Python! They are arguably the silkiest smooth actions that can be found in a revolver. If you don't have a heart to blast away with .357 loads, you can take it easy with .38's, but these guns are shooters.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
yes i have to agree it is a very sharp looking revolver,never fired a colt python before so i definately have to take your word on silky smooth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
NK, YOU HAVE TO shoot a Colt Python! They are arguably the silkiest smooth actions that can be found in a revolver. If you don't have a heart to blast away with .357 loads, you can take it easy with .38's, but these guns are shooters.
I agree with that...it's an experience to shoot a Python...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts