Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here doing nothing and I have a question.
If you're going to the range or been there recently how may other people are there?
Given the ammo situation I have to wonder how much shooting has been curtailed?

AFS

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Overall numbers have been down in my area.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Only 1 person the last two times I was at the range in the last two months. Many more in the store part of the range.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have gone to the range only sporadically over the past year. Business is by no means brisk. Most folks shooting are not staying as long as before. I know I'm not. Instead of shooting 200 rounds per visit (when my hands can take it), I'm down to 60-70 rounds per visit... and I'm not shooting my defense ammo at all.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What?
I dropped over 600 rnds of 9mm and 300+ of 556 with my grandson the other day and everyone there was shooting like there was no tomorrow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
New Shooters are shooting without a problem. To them, the price shock isn't price shock. They just find it "normal" and go shooting, turning money into noise.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
our range its a draw.....the smart ones who have been saving and buying since Obamer are out every week, the dopes are not....the newbies who have money and can buy all the ammo they want are out. That said when Trapper and I go out on sat morning, we sometimes are the only ones there.....the steel shoot every month is full of the smart ones, and the orientation classes continue to thrive. Ive got 2 new girls to give the course to next week, one is a lib, i’ll be giving them a history lesson besides the gun lesson!! My 2 ex bosses at work are dummies.....i got tired of them complaining about ammo prices when they didnt take my advice and spend a couple grand on ammo before all this started.....both make over 100k.....i stopped talking to them..now i dont have to hear it....:cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Went to the range last Thursday. Shot about 70 rounds of 9mm through my new handgun and a mag of 5.56 through my AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
New pacemakers (the s on the end is a long story)...broken toe and wife with med problems has limited my range time. I am well stocked up on ammo and last few times at Shoot GTR only used a small amount of 9mm and mostly shot .22. Moving the steel range up the hill still irritates me, I know ....the fragmentation scatter......yea, yea, but I would think a better arrangements could have been made to accommodate handicapped shooters......especially since it cost $100 for the special class to use the steel range and quests are not allowed as the agreement was when taking the class. Never seems to be all that crowed but can get that way fast. But there are several range options to use. Pro shop is very good...firearms avail for rental, prices for use very reasonable. Range indoc classes for daily.... Wish there was and indoor part, but it is overall a very nice range and grateful it is available.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Went to Markham today and it was PACKED! People waiting in line outside to get in and they weren't spacing every other bench!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts