Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case people aren't aware, Glock is offering Law enforcement pricing to all military, active, retired and veterans through Veterans Day on any Glock. You must purchase through a Glock Blue Label dealer. I bought a Glock 43X that retails at $499 for $380! They are extremely hard to find. I recommend contacting the distributor in Orlando B&H Gun Supply. All you need is your military ID or DD-214, your driver's license and your CCW.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Qell, that’s nice for vets who like glocks.

I’m a vet, but...
What? Too pretty and stylish for you? :)

So yeah, I'm a Glock fanboy. (I keep intending to sign up for rehab.)
But went to the range last week with some co-workers (all mostly new gun owners, BTW).
One of them had a brand new Walther PPK/s, and I do have to admit I was (what's the exact word I'm looking for...?) "enamored" by the design and craftsmanship.
A true machine, and arguably a work of art!

But that's not why I carry. (Plus, it was chambered in .380)

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
Qell, that’s nice for vets who like glocks.

I’m a vet, but...
I'm a vet, but not Glock fanboy, either. However, I've got to say I was pretty impressed looking at Caleb's 43X with those 15 rnd metal mags. Didn't get to shoot it though. Maybe next time! :cool:

Reactions: Caleb and Rick McC.

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
I'm a vet, but not Glock fanboy, either. However, I've got to say I was pretty impressed looking at Caleb's 43X with those 15 rnd metal mags. Didn't get to shoot it though. Maybe next time! :cool:
It's OK. I showed Caleb how to shoot it right. ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
Right.... just point and shoot.
No need to worry about stovepipes, misfeeds, jamming, cleaning it, oiling it, etc..., etc.... :)
He's a Glock fanboy, too so no need to pour him any cool-aide! 🤣

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Right.... just point and shoot.
No need to worry about stovepipes, misfeeds, jamming, cleaning it, oiling it, etc..., etc.... :)
Yeah; glock “perfection.” Except I see them malfunction regularly at IDPA matches and practices.

I owned a total of five glocks over the years; so I don’t dislike them out of ignorance. It’s just that I’ve found other pistols that are better. Much better...

·
Registered
279 Posts
My .380 S&W Bodyguard was like that.
"Former" bodyguard, I might add.
I carry a Bodyguard as my pocket gun. It works just fine at the ranges and purposes for which I intend it, a hand-on-gun parking lot gun. I carry my bigger guns for the other stuff.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I carry a Bodyguard as my pocket gun. It works just fine at the ranges and purposes for which I intend it, a hand-on-gun parking lot gun. I carry my bigger guns for the other stuff.
It's a fine weapon, but it just doesn't fit my hand well, and I could never shoot it as accurately as I had hoped.
(That's all to be expected, of course, in a short barrel pocket-gun.) Anyway, lesson learned - "not for me".

However, if I were inclined to carry a backup gun, the Bodyguard would probably be it.
At least I am in the habit of always carrying A gun. (In the blazing-hot summer, that's a Glock-26).
I think (some of us) forget that there are tons of gun-owners out there, with their CCW, who don't routinely carry.
What good is that? (I guess I'm suggesting that a Bodyguard would be a MAJOR step-up in that regard, if those people could be enticed to at least carry that!)?

And BTW: I never had a mechanical problem with the Bodyguard. Fired ever time.
I "sold" it at a budget-friendly loss (when you include all the ammo, accessories, range time, etc..) when I sold it to a friend/co-worker who was getting married, and wanted to "man-up" for lack of a better explanation. :)

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
However, if I were inclined to carry a backup gun, the Bodyguard would probably be it.
At least I am in the habit of always carrying A gun. (In the blazing-hot summer, that's a Glock-26).
I think (some of us) forget that there are tons of gun-owners out there, with their CCW, who don't routinely carry.
What good is that? (I guess I'm suggesting that a Bodyguard would be a MAJOR step-up in that regard, if those people could be enticed to at least carry that!)?
True. Way, way back... at the beginning of my CCW journey, my first "EDC" was a pocket gun: Colt Pony Pocketlite (.380), in a Desantis Superfly pocket holster.

I think the first step is to get in the HABIT of carrying SOMETHING... whatever is comfortable and EASY. Then work your way up, as needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts