Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put about 300 rounds through my new Glock 23 friday. It was wonderful... my palm is a bit sore now, but the gun is more accurate than I am and ran just fine.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
On several occasions I've considered trading my G19 for a G23 to get that .40 caliber. The G19 and G23 shares the same compact platform which is very comfortable. The good thing about the G23 is that you can convert it to 9mm. You have a very good gun there :thumsup.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On several occasions I've considered trading my G19 for a G23 to get that .40 caliber. The G19 and G23 shares the same compact platform which is very comfortable. The good thing about the G23 is that you can convert it to 9mm. You have a very good gun there :thumsup.
I have a G19, I wasn't aware that you could convert a .40 to a 9mm. Could you do it in reverse? Convert a 9mm to a .40?

I love my G19, Since i bought it i have put about 500 rnds through it with no problems (except my aim:rolf).

But i did get to shoot a Springfield XD V10 in a ported 9mm and i loved it!!!!!
It did seem to not have as much "pop up" as my glock, and the trigger felt identical to my G19, which i love.:thumsup

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I have a G19, I wasn't aware that you could convert a .40 to a 9mm. Could you do it in reverse? Convert a 9mm to a .40?
Unfortunately you can't do the G19 to G23 conversion. It has something to do with the G19 not designed to withstand the pressure of the .40 caliber.

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Unfortunately you can't do the G19 to G23 conversion. It has something to do with the G19 not designed to withstand the pressure of the .40 caliber.
Ummmmm....the 9mm hole in the G19 slide won't take a .40 barrel.

Just for the record, if you want to convert a G23 to 9mm you have to buy a CONVERSION barrel specifically made for that purpose. You can't just drop in a G19 barrel.

G23 is my standard EDC. Love it. :dancingbanana

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Ummmmm....the 9mm hole in the G19 slide won't take a .40 barrel.

Just for the record, if you want to convert a G23 to 9mm you have to buy a CONVERSION barrel specifically made for that purpose. You can't just drop in a G19 barrel.
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew there was a reason it could not be done, the barrel size should have been the most obvious to me. :D

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew there was a reason it could not be done, the barrel size should have been the most obvious to me. :D
Yup. That's why you can't just drop in a G19 barrel...hole in the G23 slide is too big. The conversion barrels are 9mm, but the walls of the barrel are thicker so they fit the hole. You can't put a 9mm conversion barrel for a G23 into a G19 for that reason.

I keep toying with the idea of getting a conversion barrel. Would make practice a lot cheaper!

·
Registered
580 Posts
:doh I also did not think about the slide hole:doh
But i does make sense, and i guess by the time you buy a new barrel and a slide, you could buy a new gun!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Conversion barrel

I just ordered 9mm conversion barrel for my G27. Will have to let you know how it works when it comes and I take it to the range.

I also bought a G19 magazine with AG grip extender to cover the few inches of mag coming out of the bottom of G27.

Looks and feels pretty good. When I have chance to shoot will let you know.

Not a G23 but same idea. I wanted to save a bit of money at the range on ammo and enjoyed my old 9mm (taurus pt99) before getting rid of it to buy the G27 in .40.

Cost is cheaper than buying a new 9mm (I wanted a glock 19), as barrel was only 100$ and mag 25$. Hope it works well. My only worry is the extractor and how well it will pull the cartridge given it is on a .40 frame. Will have to see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to pick up a .22LR conversion for mine. Be very handy in a survival situation to have something for shooting small game

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
I just ordered 9mm conversion barrel for my G27. Will have to let you know how it works when it comes and I take it to the range.

I also bought a G19 magazine with AG grip extender to cover the few inches of mag coming out of the bottom of G27.

Looks and feels pretty good. When I have chance to shoot will let you know.

Not a G23 but same idea. I wanted to save a bit of money at the range on ammo and enjoyed my old 9mm (taurus pt99) before getting rid of it to buy the G27 in .40.

Cost is cheaper than buying a new 9mm (I wanted a glock 19), as barrel was only 100$ and mag 25$. Hope it works well. My only worry is the extractor and how well it will pull the cartridge given it is on a .40 frame. Will have to see.
Some folks have reported extractor issues, others don't have any problems. Try it without changing and see what happens. If you have issues, extractors are cheap!

Please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some folks have reported extractor issues, others don't have any problems. Try it without changing and see what happens. If you have issues, extractors are cheap!

Please let us know how it goes.
yes please... It'd be fun to have a gun that could shoot .22, 9mm and .40

·
Registered
17 Posts
I own both a Glock 22 and 23, I cannot say enough about the weapon. I know everyone has there own preference and thats fine, for me, in a pistol it's a Glock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
G23

I picked my G23 up in early December, have put 400 rounds throught it, haven't have any problems. I prefer the g23 over my S&W M&9c for CCW. Matter-a-fact I shoot better with the G23. The S&W M&P 9c hasn't given me any problems either after 500 rounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
update lonewolf conversion

An update on performance with the lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel for G27.

Two trips to range - 150 rounds through without any problems. Very happy with performance as no FTF or FTE and did not have to change extractor.

The barrel itself with 9mm mag worked fine in G27.

Went to range second time this morning after 100 rnds last weekend....shot 50 rnds of .40 cal then switched to 50 rnds 9mm--- very happy with performance of barrel - and accuracy not distinguishable from stock barrel.

Highly recommend.

I am noticing that G27 is ok to shoot a 100 rounds or so but more than that is too much given the sub-compact size. Even with the pearce extenders and AG extender with G19 magazine, still a bit tiring on the hand.

Could be because I shot 50 rnds through colt 45 acp before shooting the glock though.

Maybe I am just trying to rationalize buying a new full size 9mm.......would be nice. Considering the XDm from springfield in 9mm,.....19 rounds plus one would be fun as a range gun.

·
Super Moderator
19,799 Posts
Thanks for the update, rockhartz. Glad everything is working well for you.

I can empathize, for sure. Shooting the subcompacts for any length of time starts to get a bit wearisome, for me. I shoot mine enough (G27) to keep my proficiency, but that's about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts