Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping around for my X-Mas present to myself. After stopping in a few stores/ranges in my area (greater ft lauderdale) I found the Glock 19 best priced for $475 (bnib). This sounds like a decent price to me but before I make the jump, I am wondering if any of you know of somewhere that might have a better price than that.

btw...just as an interesting side note.. - I was speaking to many of these stores owners (idle gun talk...) and they all told me pretty much the same thing - gun sale up, CCW classes enrollment up, people concerned of new administration's gun views, and people worried about falling economy causing increased crime. Interesting talks....

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good price. I checked a couple of places online and it seems $499. was the best I saw.

May i ask who locally had that competitive price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to add that in the post. It was at the 911 Store on Hollywood Blvd - east of i-95..just east of the circle.

2231 Hollywood Blvd
954 922 9258

Seems like a great bunch of guys. Had a nice little conversation. Very friendly, helpful, and informed. They also have an indoor range on site. Only 3 lanes but he said it's empty most of the time so he allows you to have more freedom while shooting (moving, rapid fire, holster draw, etc...)

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Sounds like you found a good place. I'm a little surprised they have any in stock, so I would act quickly if you really want to be sure you have one.

The G19 is a great choice. You can add night sights and do a simple trigger modification that will add about about a pound or so to the pull and eliminate the slop in the stock trigger pull, if you feel so inclined down the road.

Good luck!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Not too bad

I just bought my Glock 19 2 weeks ago.
I paid $549 out the door.
That price included tax and background.
If you deduct tax and background, that is actually a pretty decent price.
And the guys will show you how to use it in their indoor range.:ak

They actually have a pretty decent thing going on there.

They charge $15 per hour for the indoor range.
For another $15 you can try out any gun in the place (pistols, won't allow high powered rifles in the range).

If you buy a gun from them, they will give you rang for free so you can get used to the gun you just bought.:thumsup

I was also told last week that they were going to try being open on sunday for the range, to see if enough people would come to shoot.:drinks

I almost forgot, the joints name.

River City Gun Range
706 St. Johns Ave.
Palatka, Fl 32177
386-328-9280

Yep, right down the road from dead eye dick. I guess i will have to run up with him one weekend to go shootin' at the local walmart, LOL

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Only 3 lanes but he said it's empty most of the time so he allows you to have more freedom while shooting (moving, rapid fire, holster draw, etc...)
If this is so I would definitely go there. Even better on a Sunday. If you go back please update us on this store. Oh, that's an excellent price on a G19 and the best carry piece IMO :D.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would jump on that if you want one. The G-19 is one of the best Glocks there is IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts