Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS NOT FUN... haha

Mid-processing for a new job i had to go get measured for a costume and yeah... i was in the first group, saw the guy infront of me get measured and knew i was F*cked. :thumbsdwn

Should have made up an excuse like i had to $hit or vomit or something, to leave to stach my glock in the car, but thought it would be fine to have them work around it. plus i had to think fast...

Get up to the two ladie's and start answering height and weight questions she starts measuring and blah blah. 30 seconds into it she asks if i have anyting in my pocket's, so im like "yeah", take out the phone, wallet, and keys and slap them on the table, i was a ways off from the rest of the group, and last thing i wanted to do was reveal my weapon. So i just said "listen, i ummm, have a gun on my hip, and dont want to just pull it out or anything cause you know..." responce was "oh, are you an officer?" mine was "well no, i just have a concealed carry permit". They both look at each other and are like "ummm ok, well work around it"...

So then a few moments of pretty stressfull measuring ensued... haha, i could cut the stress from me and the measuring lady with a knife it was so thick. Especially when she was at my waist and had to like move the gun a bit to get a good measurement. Her nervousness made me nervous... man it sucked. anyway's no harm done and i went and waited with the other's afterward's and could see the two ladys kept looking at me. Whatever, hope it dont effect if i get the job or not.

Think that was the first time i had to pretty much "make myself" to avoid further problem's. I just wish more people carryed so people were not so damn nervous. ok, dancing banana time for me:dancingbanana

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
:rolf

Sorry but that was funny but I'm glad everything worked out. Hope I never get caught in that kind of situation. Good luck with the job.

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
I'm not exactly certain as to what you do (actor? performer of some type?) but people in the entertainment industry generally fall into the left of center ideological mindset in my experience.

That combined with the general attitude and/or ignorance about concealed carry by what appears to be the majority of people not familiar with concealed carry, and it could make for a difficult situation for you professionally.

I would think that she will feel as if she is doing the right thing by informing her supervisors/producers about this, and you can bet that it will be discussed by others.

Only time will tell if this is going to affect your work status, but in the end, only you are responsible for your actions, so you better have a "Plan B" in your mind to avoid these situations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not an actor, just doing some seasonal BS. I did'nt see a "no firearm's" sign outside, so if they reject me for employment ill be having a nice phone call or two.

I just hope one day its like carrying a pack of ciggarette's, and noone thinks twice about it. Couple hundred year's ago no one would have cared. :thumsup

·
Registered
297 Posts
Reminds me of the time I got my first and (so far) only tattoo. The tatt is on my chest...and so I get there...and I go to pull my shirt off and realize that (duh) I'm packing. I ask Jeff...the artist...if he's cool with me being strapped. He kind of hesitates and then asks me if I'd shoot him if it hurts too much...we laugh...I tell him we'll have to see...but no...unless it hurts REALLY bad... ;)

We got started and he asked me a few questions...but all in all it was quite cool. Since the tattoo I wanted was a bullet hole on my chest...we actually removed a bullet from the spare mag to get the right diameter... ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reminds me of the time I got my first and (so far) only tattoo. The tatt is on my chest...and so I get there...and I go to pull my shirt off and realize that (duh) I'm packing. I ask Jeff...the artist...if he's cool with me being strapped. He kind of hesitates and then asks me if I'd shoot him if it hurts too much...we laugh...I tell him we'll have to see...but no...unless it hurts REALLY bad... ;)

We got started and he asked me a few questions...but all in all it was quite cool. Since the tattoo I wanted was a bullet hole on my chest...we actually removed a bullet from the spare mag to get the right diameter... ;)
lmao, nice job man. :thumsup

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I've read a lot of accounts about Men's Wearhouse being really cool and discreet about tailoring for CWFL holders. I don't recall if that was specifically in FL, though.

-JT

·
Registered
25 Posts
My recent foray to the local Mens Wearhouse was uneventful even though I had Mister Sig on my hip under a lightweight jacket (it was in the 40s).

When the sales guy said he'd need to measure me to make sure I actually was a 41 long -- rather than just take my word for it -- I said, that's fine, just don't be worried when you see my pistol. His response: "Oh, no problem. We get quite a few officers in here."

My guess is he gets fewer 'officers' and more CCW holders than he knows. But MW was really cool about my pistol.

Have a day. Bang Gunley

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Just a thought if this comes up again just tell them you have a life saving devise inside your pants and they will have to measure around it.

·
653 Posts
I don't worry about that. I can't afford tailored clothes, I am never invited to a formal event that requires a tux, I am too old to be in a wedding party and I only have boys so I don't expect to have to give a bride away. The only time I wore a costume was thirty years ago and you can't hide a gun in a thong! I have only been measured once and it was a long time ago in a hotel room by......well, never mind.

By the way, did you get the job?

·
Registered
580 Posts
The only time I wore a costume was thirty years ago and you can't hide a gun in a thong! I have only been measured once and it was a long time ago in a hotel room by......well, never mind.
Ok henryher, Time to spill the beans,
I'm sure mamabear wants to know the truth here.
A thong for a costume????? I can see it now....:rolf

And we all want to know about the hotel room. :drinks

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
I was really trying not to respond to that post because I was deathly afraid someone would ask for pictures. No offense henryher but we really don't need that visual. :rolf

MamaBear, who sometimes can't handle tourists at the beach who don't look in the mirror before they hit the sand - ack!

·
653 Posts
Actually I wore a thong one time as a joke to my wife's coworker's bridal shower. Thirty years ago I actually looked very good in a thong. My wife picked it out. In those days I used to belong to the Jack Lalane Health Club and Spa in Englewood, NJ. I was ripped, had a 28 inch waist and weighed 135 lbs soacking wet. Pictures were taken but I have none, thank God, my kids bother me enough about my prom pictures. I used to turn heads then, now I turn stomachs.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Actually I wore a thong one time as a joke to my wife's coworker's bridal shower. Thirty years ago I actually looked very good in a thong. My wife picked it out. In those days I used to belong to the Jack Lalane Health Club and Spa in Englewood, NJ. I was ripped, had a 28 inch waist and weighed 135 lbs soacking wet. Pictures were taken but I have none, thank God, my kids bother me enough about my prom pictures. I used to turn heads then, now I turn stomachs.
:eek: holy crap :rolf

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm short, petite, and curvy- hence every pair of pants I own gets tailored. I've found that the IWB holster alters the way most pants fit me, enough so that I will only try them on with the belt and holster. When I go to have them fitted, I generally leave the pistol in the car, and wear the holster. As yet, no one has asked me a question or given me a funny look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts