Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a break from this group. I've lurked a bit during my down time. Time to catch up!

1. I had lunch with BeerHunter and Anduril yesterday, and it was GREAT. The food was excellent, and the company was even better. It was nice to see them both. It was nice to BE SEEN. It was nice to sit down at a restaurant and have hot, fresh food brought to us. It was nice to have an "adult beverage" and hash out the bullshit we've all been facing.

2. The new forum interface... I actually like it! It's cleaner. It's easier to navigate. Ads? What ads? I'm using Firefox with AdBlocker, and I don't see any ads. None.

3. Guns and $hit.... We need to talk about guns more! If this forum continues down the path of primarily talking politics, it's going to continue circling the drain. Let's talk guns! The shutdown situation is very, very bad... and to say I'm dismayed with my fellow Americans is a gross understatement. I have GRAVE doubts about the future of the country. But, I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone and try to survive and eventually thrive. Talking guns will be a helpful distraction from the $hitstorm circling around us.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Glad to see you back and I really
mean that. NO B.S. I swear.:D

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Welcome back and I totally agree, let’s talk guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back and I totally agree, let’s talk guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figured it was up to me to return and get the party re-started! ;)

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
#3...Amen! I’ve no problem with some political chat, after all, it’s a major part of our lives lately.

But, I come here for firearm and carrying firearm stuff.

#1...the Mrs and I were just saying that last night. We’re dying to go sit down and be served. Order a drink, food, have our glasses refilled plates taken away,..etc. Best of all, no figh over who’s cooking or cleaning the kitchen later. We may go out for dinner tonight. Unfortunately, I’m high risk with a health condition. I’m not buying all the hype, but I have to be cautious none the same. So, we’d planned to wait it o a little longer.

We’ve got cabin fever though.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Welcome back racer! Politics and everything else seems to be what everyone has been keying up on lately, especially with the political climate the way it is! That, along with the China virus and idiots in the news......yep we need to STS more about guns!

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh! One of the the things I like about the new forum format is adding images is MUCH easier. We no longer have to have the images hosted elsewhere (like photobucket or imgur). We can load them directly. We can upload them, drag and drop them, or copy / paste them. Much, much better.

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
I took a break from this group. I've lurked a bit during my down time. Time to catch up!

1. I had lunch with BeerHunter and Anduril yesterday, and it was GREAT. The food was excellent, and the company was even better. It was nice to see them both. It was nice to BE SEEN. It was nice to sit down at a restaurant and have hot, fresh food brought to us. It was nice to have an "adult beverage" and hash out the bullshit we've all been facing.

2. The new forum interface... I actually like it! It's cleaner. It's easier to navigate. Ads? What ads? I'm using Firefox with AdBlocker, and I don't see any ads. None.

3. Guns and $hit.... We need to talk about guns more! If this forum continues down the path of primarily talking politics, it's going to continue circling the drain. Let's talk guns! The shutdown situation is very, very bad... and to say I'm dismayed with my fellow Americans is a gross understatement. I have GRAVE doubts about the future of the country. But, I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone and try to survive and eventually thrive. Talking guns will be a helpful distraction from the $hitstorm circling around us.
It certainly was great food, drink, and best of all, the company. Glad you guys like my favorite pub, where I each lunch during the work-week. Nothing beats a proper pint of Guinness drank among good friends! Sorry you missed out, Caleb. You should have brought her along! :D

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I’ll 2nd the pint of Guinness and friends BH! Something I don’t get to do as much. For us (my group in Florida) it usually included a few rounds of darts or a couple hours embarrassing myself at a pool table. :sick:

Once all this junk clears up, I’m making a trip back to Florida. I’m going to have to insist my buddies and I hit up our favorite pub while there. (y)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The new format is not so bad on a computer, however, I loose 1/3 of my screen width to crap I ignore, I mean adds on my Ipad.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I’ll 2nd the pint of Guinness and friends BH! Something I don’t get to do as much. For us (my group in Florida) it usually included a few rounds of darts or a couple hours embarrassing myself at a pool table. :sick:

Once all this junk clears up, I’m making a trip back to Florida. I’m going to have to insist my buddies and I hit up our favorite pub while there. (y)
Yep.. I don’t even try on my iPhone.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome back! We went to the mall on Saturday so we could walk around a bit (was bad weather out) and we had dinner at BJs. It was so nice to be served and enjoy a meal outside our home. . Place was pretty empty still.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Waves

First post in forever myself. :)

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After the new format change, it seems that the activity on this forum plummeted!
I like the new format better! Go figure. It's cleaner and more efficient. And, the BEST thing is that I can now upload photos directly without having to first host them on a 3rd party site (like Imgur or Photobucket) and then link them.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the new format better! Go figure. It's cleaner and more efficient. And, the BEST thing is that I can now upload photos directly without having to first host them on a 3rd party site (like Imgur or Photobucket) and then link them.
Curious. Why did you have to host them on a third party site before?
All of mine were uploaded directly to here after being resized. This new format is easier when it comes to that though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts