Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been a while since I took my favorite gun (CZ P-07) to the range...been into the SA revolver and EDC Glock 43x last few trips. Got a chance yesterday. I found the CZ P-07 looking for a CZ Compact couple of years ago and blew it off....a plastic CZ...how sacrilegious!!! Finally read up on how owners liked them so much and found one at a great deal. Never have regreted it one bit! This was at 15 yards. Not going to win any competitions,but good enough to protect the family in the house.

Reactions: Caleb and racer88

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts
Yup, minute of man on that target. (y) 🤠

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
A PO7 is on my “want list” and has been on that list for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I like mine a lot too. The bore axis is very low and, consequently, the slide is smaller than you would think. The rails fit down inside the frame. I have a tiny issue racking the slide because it’s so much smaller than I expect. Mike, do you have the same issue?

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I’ll speak for myself but, when I had a 75b I had grip issues racking the slide. I fixed that problem by installing a ledge type rear sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first got a Tri Star C-100 ..a CZ compact clone, I also had to get use to trying to rack the slide. After a while and then buying a 75D and my P-07 it is just normal....Now my other guns see to have huge slides like ....Hi Point huge!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Nice Shootin'!

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts
When I first got a Tri Star C-100 ..a CZ compact clone, I also had to get use to trying to rack the slide. After a while and then buying a 75D and my P-07 it is just normal....Now my other guns see to have huge slides like ....Hi Point huge!
🤣

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
This is one of the best pistols out there. Cajun Guns has the trigger upgrade kit. Not cheap but shortens the reset/over travel and smooths and lightens the double trigger. Its low recoiling, very accurate pistol. In my top five. Cajun says “ the trigger kit makes the 07 a world class pistol”. i think its already world class pistol. Love the reverse slide rails. I often think of this pistol as a better Sig 229 at half the price...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
MCarbo, based here in. Florida, has a nice trigger spring kit. I had a gunsmith friend install that in my PO7. The instructions on their website are pretty thorough and they have a video for installation of virtually everything they sell. When I got mine back, after the new springs and the polishing, I found that with very slow deliberate dry firing, the trigger would not reset properly. My gunsmith reached out to them and they provided him with the “fix”. Time will tell.

The new springs and the polishing really lightened up the trigger and removed the slight gritty creep.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My competition days are long over so I do not spend hundreds of dollars on mods . I tweak here and there but most of what I do is new sights or fluff and buff ...maybe a new trigger shoe....simple things. CGW and CZ custom are very fine companies and do great jobs of custom mods and making a firearm world class. I see people buy a CZ and never shoot it...off to one of these companies for several hundreds of dollars worth of mods. Paying a couple of hundred dollars to decrease the D/A trigger pull by a pound and a half for a EDC pistol is not worth it to me. If I need to pull my gun from a holster and shoot to save my live...trust me, a 6 pound trigger is not going to make much difference compared to a 4 1/2 pound one. Their money, their gun...their choice. For me...I like to shoot a few hundred rds before I do a thing, then as I stated...do the least mods I can to satisfy me. Also, so many good firearms end up in pawn shops because of mods being attempted by "Garage Gunsmiths" leave them a piece of crap. A CZ right out of the box may not be perfect, but they are very, very dependable and with just shooting to ....hate using the term.."breaking it in", but that is what it is, and with min care they are one of the best I have owned.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I agree. I bought the spring kit and, after watching the installation video, realized it was past my skill set. It really smoothed the trigger nicely for about a hundred bucks with a gunsmith fee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts