Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
5,054 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good possibility.. Gander Mountain.. Does not own anything. It does not own the stock currently being sold.
The liquidation company owns it. The liquidation company paid $?? Or agreed to pay $??. To the Bankruptcy court within a certain time frame. Whatever the court agreed upon. Anything over that they keep.
My limited understanding... All stores will in fact be closed at some point for ?? Days, months. All inventory liquidated or removed. Stores that are to remain with whatever Company, name, etc is to be used in the future will get make overs and new inventory.
There are few to no deals right now. The discounted price is no better than you can get @ Bass Pro. The discount is from "regular" price down.

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
Good possibility.. Gander Mountain.. Does not own anything. It does not own the stock currently being sold.
The liquidation company owns it. The liquidation company paid $?? Or agreed to pay $??. To the Bankruptcy court within a certain time frame. Whatever the court agreed upon. Anything over that they keep.
My limited understanding... All stores will in fact be closed at some point for ?? Days, months. All inventory liquidated or removed. Stores that are to remain with whatever Company, name, etc is to be used in the future will get make overs and new inventory.
There are few to no deals right now. The discounted price is no better than you can get @ Bass Pro. The discount is from "regular" price down.
Yup, from MSRP down.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Jacksonville store is out by the Airport (JAX) the one in St. Augustine at SR16 I-95 is closing. I haven't passed since the announcement.
Geoff
Who has an inquiring mind, or at least one which wanders, or low level Asperger syndrome, place your bets.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Went by the Jax store today.

It will be closed as well.

Sale prices are still too high.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Went to the St Aug store yesterday....
even with the sales prices they are still too high
Example 420 round can of M855 (5.56 62Gr green tip) on stripper clips $229.95, you can but these any day of the week for $170-180

Crap ... a wasted trip, I should have known better:smack

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Stopped by again today....

(I do confess to having a touch of schadenfreude.)

5% off of guns.
Still no discounts for the horribly overpriced ammo.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I don't care if they stayed in business; I have not gone back sense the time I drove the 40 miles one way to buy an item that was on sale that they did not have. First day of the sale and I was the first customer.
A new Bass Pro opened up here in Daytona and I went over Saturday and got $20.00 for signing up and found they give 10% off to everything except ammo & Guns to VETERANS.
This is one beautiful store right across from the speedway,
Very friendly employees and the prices on what I bought were not bad. I needed some slip on shoes that were genuine leather for $29.95 the Same shoes were $59.95 at Gander Mountain with a different loge.
Guns or Ammo, I still will buy a Volusia Top Gun but it is nice to have a good sporting goods store close to home.
Ronnie

21 - 33 of 33 Posts