Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Full sized caliber...small sized gun... ;)

Kimber Ultra CDP...though I sometimes carry a Kimber Pro Carry..which is almost full sized... ;)

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
J/K...thought I'd stir the pot. ;) I do carry a full size H&K...all my ccw buds chastise me for it. Anyone else like a full size on their hip? If so whatcha carry?
Lets see some pics. I carry a compact (Glock19). Now for my next carry gun I might go fullsize. But how do you hide that thing in this hot climate?

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
The MTAC holster is the secret to carrying a fullsize gun. It's a great holster.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Ruger SR9...4.125" barrel and 17-rd double-stack mag. Full-size to me. Concealed and comfy in my Crossbreed Supertuck.

-JT

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great thread title - sure got my attention. :)

I carry a .45 Kimber Tactical Ultra II (3" barrel 1911) with Wilson Combat mags. This would be very similar to what SingleStack45 works with. I've found this gun is a fantastic rendering of full size power in a compact package. On special occaisions or in colder weather I'll carry my Springfield Champion (4" 1911) which is a little closer to full size.

I'm either using a Galco NSAII (IWB) or Galco SkyOps (IWB) holster.

I've never dreamed of concealing my Sig Sauer P226. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good thread title. I had stepped away to get the popcorn to watch how much of a flame-fest this would turn into before clicking on it.

I carried a full size Sig 220ST (yeah, full stainless) for years before getting my 220 Carry Elite. It is still considered full sized but is about an inch shorter than my 220ST. Have never had a problem keeping them concealed in the FL heat and humidity but I never venture into wearing anything but jeans anyway. I like the stability of shooting a full size handgun over some of the compacts.

FLSig

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I'll trow my hat in the ring. My very first gun was a Browning High Power similar to this one

In my country you had to register each gun separately and this was my first. I still own it and when I go back sometime this year I'll photograph it and post it. I concealed it well even though I did not have to. I just did not want anyone knowing that I had it.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I usually carry my Colt Combat Commander in .45 acp, loaded with Federal 230 grain Hydra Shok Jacketed Hollow Point. I carry this in an inside the waistband holster at the 3:30 position. Usually at least one or two extra mags in the left rear pocket ( easier to reload with firearm in right hand).

I find the Combat Commander small enough for concealed carry, yet the 230 grain .45 acp JHP has more than enough stopping power to end any bad situation in a hurry. :D

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Alloy framed Para 14-45 full size in a Crossbreed Supertuck..Extra Mag in the back pocket. Quickie runs to the local stop&rob I'll throw the PT-145 in the back pocket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Full size Beretta PX4 9mm . . carried in my 'man purse':laughing . . . . Maxpedition Versipak.
Thinking of investing in an IWB holster for it.
I must obviously be compensating for something, because I own only full size handguns. My two other handguns are Beretta 92FS and an FN 5.7 (just as big as the 92FS, but much lighter). I have BlackHawk Serpa paddle holsters for these two guns.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Full size Beretta PX4 9mm . . carried in my 'man purse':laughing . . . . Maxpedition Versipak.
Thinking of investing in an IWB holster for it.
I must obviously be compensating for something, because I own only full size handguns. My two other handguns are Beretta 92FS and an FN 5.7 (just as big as the 92FS, but much lighter). I have BlackHawk Serpa paddle holsters for these two guns.
My little bro owns a PX4. I don't know if they come with different actions, but his is DA/SA with a decocker. The SA trigger pull is okay, but DA trigger pull is NASTY. You almost need a hydraulic ram to squeeze that first DA shot off. Is yours similar, or have you gotten trigger work done on it?

-JT

·
Registered
59 Posts
My little bro owns a PX4. I don't know if they come with different actions, but his is DA/SA with a decocker. The SA trigger pull is okay, but DA trigger pull is NASTY. You almost need a hydraulic ram to squeeze that first DA shot off. Is yours similar, or have you gotten trigger work done on it?

-JT
That first DA pull is a little heavy yes. Same as on my 92FS.
BUT . . . I am BIG AND STRONG!!! . . . so I can handle it . . jk :D

Seriously though, my significant other has real problems with the 1st DA trigger pull. She is a a petite 5' 5" 115lb cutie and the drills we have been going through is for her to first thumb the hammer back. Not sure that this will be the most effective way in a real crisis situation, so we might be getting her her own gun soon.

There is another mod that can be done to lighten the DA pull. I can possibly install the spring from the D model (DA only), which apparantly significantly lightens the DA pull. And then some trigger polishing, to make it smooth as silk.
Tell your little bro to visit the Beretta Forum . . . . LOTS of very helpful Beretta experts there that can give advice on how to mod the PX4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another +1 for the MTAC while carrying a fullsized.

I carry a Kimber Pro Carry II in an MTAC. You really can't tell I am carrying with that holster. I have carried my full size GI before in an OWB. I still prefer smaller guns for carry though. Nothing beats the P3AT for pocket carry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I carry a Glock 21 in a Galco Jackass shoulder rig every day...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts