Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
Cost of shipping from China has almost tripled since this time last year.
Solution; Buy an American made fridge. I think one brand is still made here>

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Well, I'm off to Lowes to buy a new fridge. I will let you know what excuse they use to explain the high prices. I speculate they will blame it on the price of steel or maybe the lack of assembly line workers due to covid.
I bought a new washer and dryer from Lowes a couple of weeks ago. Went in late on a Wednesday, and they were delivered that Friday morning.

·
Registered
55,193 Posts
They make nice smokers, too.
Had one on it's back in the cellar back east. Added heavy duty hinge and a lock that couldn't be bolt cutters friendly to the door and it became a safe.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
^ I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not. o_O
Wouldnt' the brisket end up with (for lack of a better way to put it), a polyurethane plastic after-taste?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am always amazed with the knowledge base of the members here.

15 year old fridge is not cooling properly.

Any easy fix I can try.

If not, then does anyone know an honest repair man in the Ormond Beach area.

I'm old and don't want to get taken advantage of
I think you have to take care about door opened in some degrees.

Like if you open the door in fully then its take time to re-cooling.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Wouldnt' the brisket end up with (for lack of a better way to put it), a polyurethane plastic after-taste?
everybody uses hardwoods...dare to try something different...:ROFLMAO:

the internals have to be removed....it jus becomes a big cabinet...

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Wouldn‘t the brisket end up with (for lack of a better way to put it), a polyurethane plastic after-taste?
No, not at all.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The drama is over. I finally got a new fridge delivered yesterday. I woke up to a cold fridge this morning.

Thanks for all the input. I learned a lot about supply chain disruptions and how it can make life a PITA.

I also learned that one delivery team can be very very bad and another very very good.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you are lucky, you may be as ....no offense...stupid as I was once. Fridge was not cooling...i did the coil cleaning ...the drain tube clean and thaw...all I could think of. Prior to buying a new fridge decided to call a repair man....When the select indicator is mistakenly moved to a warmer setting ( it was a slide type) the temp will not get cooler. Thanksgiving around the corner and the fridge was packed during shopping trip two days prior and selector was accidently moved. $125 service call still sticks to my gut!

Reactions: Marilyn

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I had big Maytag delivered and set up, they did such a bad job, threw away parts, leaked water on the floor. The assistant manager had to bring a new fridge 2 days later so that's Lowes set up and delivery.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My aforementioned COLD fridge in my garage...
sshhhhh!!! keep it down!! Damn things been working for 20+ years straight without a single hickup.

Anyway, turns out it was NOT the fridge that I had purchased at Home Depot.
They delivered the wrong fridge (more expensive by about $50).
It was immediately unwrapped and installed, with beer already cooling down near the end of the day when the Home Depot manager called, sheepishly, to inform that I had some other customer's fridge. He offered me $50 off if I would agree to keep it, and avoid a huge hassle.

By that time, I was probably already on beer #2.
I said "Don't sweat it. I'll just keep this one." (They were nearly identical as to size and features, meaning no features whatsoever.)
Maybe the best decision of my life. :)

The point is: I don't know what it is about refrigerators, or the people who deliver, service and install them.
Something always seems to go haywire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We went to Lowe’s once for a frige and their staff were a bunch of turd buckets. Just thought I’d share that here haha

21 - 35 of 35 Posts