Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are others getting bombarded with free offers that start out with “we need your home address to send you a free holster or flashlight or super Duper firearms related thingamajig”

I have steered clear of all these offers. Has anyone actually accepted one of these offers?

·
Super Moderator
29,384 Posts
None here either, but I'm one to avoid those "free" offers. They ALWAYS come with strings attached! :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
None here either.

·
Registered
55,078 Posts
"A comfortable and durable quick draw holster"

"So we’re giving away 500 Drop-Leg Holsters for FREE…to help people carry their firearms with comfort and discretion."

"You decide you’re fine with paying the full price of $39 if you decide you want the holster later"

Found this one exactly like the one advertised for free but if you wait it's 39.00 for 12.88

The hype is large on this one for free, but actually costs 39.00 if you wait. How does one carry an openly carried drop leg with "discretion" anyway. LOL

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Yes, I unsubscribed to a few more automated e-mail senders

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
None my way either but you must’ve gone somewhere they got your email and put you on the spam list. With that being said, I may have a ton of them in my spam box, not sure, don’t look.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"A comfortable and durable quick draw holster"

"So we’re giving away 500 Drop-Leg Holsters for FREE…to help people carry their firearms with comfort and discretion."

"You decide you’re fine with paying the full price of $39 if you decide you want the holster later"

Found this one exactly like the one advertised for free but if you wait it's 39.00 for 12.88

The hype is large on this one for free, but actually costs 39.00 if you wait. How does one carry an openly carried drop leg with "discretion" anyway. LOL
I think you need to wear those old cowboy full length oil tanned Slickers. That would not raise any suspicion here in Florida.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No kidding, I guess I’m on everybody’s list. They sure have my number on that car warranty thing. As many cars as I’ve got, a guy could go broke buying extended warranties.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Is it just me or are others getting bombarded with free offers that start out with “we need your home address to send you a free holster or flashlight or super Duper firearms related thingamajig”

I have steered clear of all these offers. Has anyone actually accepted one of these offers?
Hi Mr. Shark .. BEWARE ! .. Yes i get them about every other day in Spam now . If you read the 'fine print' , most of them are subscriptions with a hefty monthly fee . Example : $ 59. per month for a year .

The offers are worth around $20.. As Mr. Brownie stated , a catch . As they say "If it sounds too good to be true , then it probably is" . I did have this happen once with a t-shirt , it took [5] months to finally get it . I had to contact my C/C Co' & fight it ! Bad (n)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Anything FREE just costs way too much.
Somebody gotta be paying somewhere.
Ronnie

Oh, I just got some free 223 ammo my neighbor gave me so I must be wrong.
Just click on the free stuff , Ha! Ha! Ha!.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Have you had any of the free Fl lobsters? and fish......

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Anything FREE just costs way too much.
Somebody gotta be paying somewhere.
Ronnie

Oh, I just got some free 223 ammo my neighbor gave me so I must be wrong.
Just click on the free stuff , Ha! Ha! Ha!.
Hi Mr. Ronnie ..Good for you , A freebee fantastic !

·
Super Moderator
29,384 Posts
I was once told a free car is one of the most expensive things you’ll ever get.
And "cheap tools" are the most expensive tools you'll ever buy! 🤠

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I once had a brother in law of my GF. He was married to her sister. He would borrow tools and they would dissolve to never be seen by me again.
I had to just follow him and after he was done, I would snag whatever he borrowed and carried them home.
He is finely gone now and remarried to some hosebag he was probably seeing while married.
Ronnie

PS:
I had a friend call me one day a long- long time ago ((about 25 years ago)) to borrow my Harley Clutch hub tool
He came the 20+ miles to get it and said he would bring it back in a few days.
I kind of forgot about it until I needed it one day a few months later. I called him and he said he was done with it and I could come up and pick it up anytime.
*DUH!
I drove up to his house when I knew he was working and told his wife I came to pick up my tool and could I use a pen & paper to leave him a note.
I listed about 10 "SNAP ON TOOLS" and told him I would bring them back in a few days or he could just come get them.
I still have my clutch hub tool and the snap on wrenches to this day which is at least 25 years later..
I have not seen or heard from him since.

·
Super Moderator
29,384 Posts
Karma is a beotch, Ronnie! 🤣

1 - 20 of 33 Posts