Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I do want to go on record as saying I don’t think this place is going anywhere. But we do have at least another 4 years of political strife ahead regardless of November’s outcome. Should we prevail the left will explode. If we lose....I can’t fathom the destruction. Either way we’ll be in here discussing it. shrug

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Forums in general tend to run the course. I first became aware of the phenomena on the old Yahoo forums. Thousands of per months to zero in fairly short order. Other social media options don't do these other forums any good, either.

·
Registered
16,448 Posts
Agree with everything... except that you use an ipad! ;) Get yourself a PC! I do all this on a Windows laptop. With Ad Blocker, I'm not seeing ANY ads. Zippo! Perhaps I shouldn't admit that, since these forums make their money selling ad space that will get SEEN.
Try it on an iPhone which is the only thing I’ve ever used here.
Then get back to me elsewhere because then you’ll understand why I cannot stand the new format.
Not to mention I rarely see anything ‘new’ here anymore.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Try it on an iPhone which is the only thing I’ve ever used here.
Then get back to me elsewhere because then you’ll understand why I cannot stand the new format.
Not to mention I rarely see anything ‘new’ here anymore.
That could be part of our problem. Let’s face it, Apple iOS i known for its inability to play well with some web systems. Fir example, I still run into the occasional flash based webpage. Texas Motor Speedway’s ticketing page runs on flash. I have to open up my cranky old laptop and spend an hour of swearing to get it up and running to buy tickets to events. 🤯

Our iOS may just not get along with this forum’s new stuff. Folks not visiting on iOS probably aren’t getting the same experience. But, from what I gather, there’s a thread for this subject. I didn’t mean to detour this one. 🤭

·
Registered
54,301 Posts
Forums in general tend to run the course. I first became aware of the phenomena on the old Yahoo forums. Thousands of per months to zero in fairly short order. Other social media options don't do these other forums any good, either.
God knows I've been through enough of them in the last 18 years. :eek: :unsure::giggle:

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
OK, then why didn't the drop in traffic happen 3-4 years ago?
It started before that and there are likely lots of factors. However, I only took issue with the assertion that the downward trend in traffic coincided with the recent upgrade. It began well before that and like was said in post #3, the sale of the forum to a company with more of a focus on revenue than the intended content likely had more to do with the trend, but the drastic increase in politics instead of CC/2A/gun talk certainly didn't help and traffic has steadily declined for at least 4 years now.

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I joined in 2009 when I was new to guns My purpose.....to learn a lot about guns and I did.
What I noticed was that after a few years,most of the questions had been answered,other than new product info.
I did not come for politics although I expected the site to be conservative in nature.
Once I saw some of the political threads,I had to respond. BT, (before Trump) my arguments were against conservative opinions and beliefs. AT, is a different matter since now we seem to be arguing about the man. I have seen a subtle change of late in people's opinions of Trump.
Good health to all.:)

·
Super Moderator
10,573 Posts
I joined in 2009 when I was new to guns My purpose.....to learn a lot about guns and I did.
What I noticed was that after a few years,most of the questions had been answered,other than new product info.
Just so. It's true that political talk has increased while on-topic talk has gone down, but I don't agree that the increase in political talk is a problem. It's just filled the void. Sooner or later you run out of on-topic things to discuss.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts