21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts
Thanks for adding the photos! :2thumsup

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
The rifle has been converted to use mags? Hmm, I'd convert that back pronto if I was buying it. The conversions usually take a super reliable rifle and make a iffy proposition.
Toward the very end of the importation of there were some detachable mag models made and brought in.
Unless Cyber says otherwise I think this is one of them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Only thing I did was remove the box mag and use the TAPCOS they are very reliable and the SKS locks back on the last round.
Putting the box back would be no problem.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I have a Norinco SKS that I bought new back in the early ‘90’s. It has a brick-red fiberglass stock, and came with a triangular bayonet, and a green canvas looking strap with leather ends.

It was ridiculously inexpensive. :dunno Anyone else have/seen one like that?

·
Registered
54,234 Posts
I have a Norinco SKS that I bought new back in the early ‘90’s. It has a brick-red fiberglass stock, and came with a triangular bayonet, and a green canvas looking strap with leather ends.

It was ridiculously inexpensive. :dunno Anyone else have/seen one like that?
They came with both the spike and flat bayo's. Mine's from the early 80's [all original ], by the mid 90's, the chinese were changing parts out for the American market so spikes/flats and other variations in gas systems were being used. They mostly came with the sks sling [ that strap you mentioned ] as you describe, they hold well. Almost reminded me of the canvas slings the M14's came with in boot but different attachments

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Not sure on the quality of those either, but clips aren't that hard to find if one looks around some. I'd not use anything but oem on those anyway.
Same. All of mine are either Russian or Yugo.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
They came with both the spike and flat bayo's. Mine's from the early 80's [all original ], by the mid 90's, the chinese were changing parts out for the American market so spikes/flats and other variations in gas systems were being used. They mostly came with the sks sling [ that strap you mentioned ] as you describe, they hold well. Almost reminded me of the canvas slings the M14's came with in boot but different attachments
Thanks, Brownie.

What about the fiberglass stock?

·
Registered
54,234 Posts
Lets see how many have their thinking caps on today,

4th picture in the OP showing the rear ladder. It's set on what distance?

2nd question, you see two line and what looks like a D, what's that for?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Lets see how many have their thinking caps on today,

4th picture in the OP showing the rear ladder. It's set on what distance?

2nd question, you see two line and what looks like a D, what's that for?
Set to 100 meters.

D is the 200 meter battlesight setting.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I'm closing this thread because it has gotten way off track... the post was for selling the SKS not for general chit chat and personal thoughts about the rifle.
It is still for sale if anyone is interested please send a message.

:(

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
He has plenty of Russian pointy stuff that goes bang!
:grin

·
Super Moderator
26,056 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.