Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Suppressor Shoot Day will be on November 14th (Saturday) at the Okeechobee Shooting Sports range in Okeechobee, Florida from 10am till approximately 1pm or later if participation demands.
7055 NE 48th St
Okeechobee, FL 34972
Lat/Lon directions: 27°17’33.62″N 80°45’2.68″W

If you have a rifle or pistol suppressor and think that you might have some interest in attending our Suppressor Shoot and allowing others to try your suppressor please send me a PM via this site.

All we ask is that in order to participate you must have your own suppressor of any caliber whether it is for a rifle or pistol.
Spectators, family, friends and guests are welcome to come out and shoot as well but are expected to have own ammo or have someone that can provide for them.
Hopefully this will help to familiarize those that maybe thinking of getting a suppressor but are not sure of which type or how to go about it.

The hope is to demonstrate the 5.56, 9mm and subsonic 300 Blackout along with several different types of firearms from rifles to handguns and any other firearms that can be suppressed.

Unlike the suppressor demos from the different vendors that may popup from time to time at some local ranges, we are not trying to sell anyone on any particular brand, we are merely owners of suppressors that are willing to demo them for others.

Suggestions or ideas are welcomed and may even be incorporated into the final production.

IMG_1123.jpg

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where in NE Florida? I'm way down in Miami but if it's like in St Augustine or something I could make a go of it.
We were aiming for Jacksonville but if there are more interested from places other than Jacksonville I guess we'll have to look for a range that will be willing to accommodate us at some neutral location like maybe OSS or something similar.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Finally moving to West Palm area at the end of June. I have cans in 556, 6.8, 9 and 22 and would love to participate. A wide range of hosts too.

[Updating to add: Rifle cans are Surefire, pistol Silencerco]

Been to OSS so know that drive is preferable than further north. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hope you all don't hold my being a "Yankee" against me.....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally moving to West Palm area at the end of June. I have cans in 556, 6.8, 9 and 22 and would love to participate. A wide range of hosts too.

Been to OSS so know that drive is preferable than further north. Looking forward to hearing more.

Hope you all don't hold my being a "Yankee" against me.....
Thank you for pointing out what caliber cans you have, I forgot to mention what I'll be bringing to the table.

I only have three cans at the moment but by September I should have several others out of ATF jail.
Surefire - SOCOM556-RC
Silencerco - Specwar 762
AAC - Evolution 9

Just an FYI: I do have others that are interested in going that have contacted me via PM so as the list grows I will add a subtotal of potential suppressors being brought to the range.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a good solid maybe. I have been wanting to check out OKSS. A trip to Jacksonville is 50/50 since a buddy of mine just moved away from there.
I have a Huntertown 22
Specwar 762
and hopefully the stamp for the Omega will be back by September.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
If this goes down at OSS, I'm in with my small inventory.

I'll also bring some of my camera gear and I'll gladly document those who want some decent photos/video of them with their firearms.

I'll post some samples of my firearms images in a bit.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got off the phone with a young lady from Okeechobee Shooting Sports and it looks like that is the range that we will be using.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Would OSS allow shooting on steel? Nothing finer than shooting suppressed and the gratification of the "delayed" ping due to lack of, or severely reduced, muzzle blast.

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Would OSS allow shooting on steel? Nothing finer than shooting suppressed and the gratification of the "delayed" ping due to lack of, or severely reduced, muzzle blast.
Their gallery range has a steel plate out at 200yds. And last time I was there the rso has some smaller rabbit size plates out at 50 and 100 that he invited us to shoot at. He only asked that we move down so we were more straight on and not crossing over from lane 1 to 20 so it decrease the chances of a ricochet crossing ranges.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
We were aiming for Jacksonville but if there are more interested from places other than Jacksonville I guess we'll have to look for a range that will be willing to accommodate us at some neutral location like maybe OSS or something similar.
Changing the title may encourage some south fl members to attend.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Please explain to me how to change the title and I'll be happy to do so.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.
Well, I haven't started a thread for a long time so I don't remeber, I believer there is a button for any thread that "you started" that allows you to edit the title.

It was just a thought.

ETA see me next post for instructions

1 - 20 of 85 Posts