Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I registered a while ago, but would mainly lurk in the background absorbing the knowledge that was provided in the forums. Originally born/raised in Miami but moved out of that rat race in 2002. Relocated to Central, FL and soon after the rest of my family started following my lead. I have seen the growth rapidly increasing in this region the last 19 years which is insane (I know it's statewide). I don't know how folks are affording the current real estate prices. On a side note, the past couple of weeks I've been taking my teenage son to the range and letting him shoot a Ruger 10/22 I own. I also have him enrolled in archery since the beginning of the last year, but with the VID affecting scheduling we are finally getting back to normal classes. I will find out this evening if my wife has sourced a left-handed compound bow for our son. Long story without violating HIPPA laws. I know my thoughts are all over the place. Just typed whatever came to mind.

Eric.

Super Moderator
^^^^
Welcome again from Palm Beach County! 馃嵒

Registered
Welcome from Jacksonville

Premium Member
Good afternoon all,

I registered a while ago, but would mainly lurk in the background absorbing the knowledge that was provided in the forums. Originally born/raised in Miami but moved out of that rat race in 2002. Relocated to Central, FL and soon after the rest of my family started following my lead. I have seen the growth rapidly increasing in this region the last 19 years which is insane (I know it's statewide). I don't know how folks are affording the current real estate prices. On a side note, the past couple of weeks I've been taking my teenage son to the range and letting him shoot a Ruger 10/22 I own. I also have him enrolled in archery since the beginning of the last year, but with the VID affecting scheduling we are finally getting back to normal classes. I will find out this evening if my wife has sourced a left-handed compound bow for our son. Long story without violating HIPPA laws. I know my thoughts are all over the place. Just typed whatever came to mind.

Eric.
Welcome from scenic Nature's Coast

Registered
Good afternoon all,

Eric.
Welcome from Cocoa Beach, Florida. My club is Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay. If your ever in the area let me know. jerry

Registered
Welcome from the Tampa area.

As an aside, and perhaps you already know this, HIPPA regulations only apply to people working in the health care industry (including health insurance). That is, I could tell you all the health details about my wife, if I wanted to, and it would not be a HIPPA violation. She would probably be mad as hell, so of course I wouldn't, but it would not violate any law.

Now, back when I was working for the medical college at USF, if I had revealed any private health information about a patient then THAT would, indeed, have been a HIPPA violation. But even then, information that I did not get as a result of my employment would not have been covered by HIPPA.

Registered
Welcome from Lakeland, to answer your real estate prices question. Just before the last crash me and my family living in Orlando wanted out of the traffic and over crowding and looked for property where no one could throw up a subdivision with houses 10 foot apart zoned AG for us it was Polk county my property has gone up in value 150k in the last few years but I'm never moving again, good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts