Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I hope we can put this in list of things that are not going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
26,321 Posts
Not going to happen!

Who the Hell wrote and edited that piece that supposedly came from a professional journalism outlet? Of course, we all know there are few real professional journalists and editors anymore!

Then we know it's full of Bullschiznit when it quotes a BS, cherry-picked statistic like this from an agenda driven source:

There have 325 mass shootings in 2019, according to Gun Violence Archive. Some guns used in those shootings were purchased legally, even if others were not. But it’s more than likely that the ammunition was bought legally because of the lack of background checks on ammo purchases.
And finally for further proof that this proposal is grasping at straws with no real data to verify the premise of the proposed law:

Some of the bill’s details still need to be ironed out. It’s unclear how much implementing the legislation would cost, if there would be exemptions for ammo sold at gun ranges and how much time it would take to process every potential buyer. But Daley believes it would make a difference.

“Everybody says, ‘Well, they’ll still get their hands on the gun, is it really going to stop them?’” he said. “Who the hell knows, but it’s going to make it more difficult and that’s what we should be doing.”
Nope!

:bsmeter

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Last I read mass shooting = 4 or more injured from a single shooting event.
Mass shooting may have escalated too 4 or more people heard someone had a gun now equals mass shooting.

Loony left and MSM keep changing definitions as they please.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Has a bill for this attempt to make it more expensive for lawful gun owners to exercise their rights actually been submitted?

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
I got kicked off the female lawmakers FB page who inroduced this for informing her she was a life support system for female genitalia

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
I got kicked off the female lawmakers FB page who inroduced this for informing her she was a life support system for female genitalia
I thought that was a big no-no for governmental employees? The whole 1A thing and all.

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,321 Posts
Has a bill for this attempt to make it more expensive for lawful gun owners to exercise their rights actually been submitted?
Don't believe it's been submitted and that poorly written news report linked in the OP stated, "Some of the bill’s details still need to be ironed out."

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just one more proposal that would do absolutely nothing to prevent what happened at MSD High School.

It is immature and delusional to believe otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If the rino's sell us out again and by some act of progression they get it through, us reloaders are next.
I Sir, am not a reloader, but I do make small batch, hand crafted ammunition. Locally sourced when possible.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is an easy fix without back ground checks. If you don't posses a LTC or hunting permit, you can't buy ammo. This has been done in Mass for as long as I can remember and most of the time it works. Of course, there were still shootings, with ammo from somewhere. So, it really didn't do much to stop the criminal from getting ammo, just a hassle to law abiding citizens.

·
Super Moderator
26,321 Posts
This is an easy fix without back ground checks. If you don't posses a LTC or hunting permit, you can't buy ammo. This has been done in Mass for as long as I can remember and most of the time it works. Of course, there were still shootings, with ammo from somewhere. So, it really didn't do much to stop the criminal from getting ammo, just a hassle to law abiding citizens.
I'm assuming that was a satirical post. :grin

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm assuming that was a satirical post. :grin
You think it's funny, but that's the mind set in Mass and a lot of northern states. A million laws and none of them work. I lived it, I know what these pin heads can do with laws. Glad to be in a free state.
In Mass, if you moved to a new city, you had to send letters (registered) to the chief and state license board to let them know you moved. Now, at license renewal time, if the chief in your new city was a pr$ck, he could deny your renewal for your license to carry and make it target only.

·
Super Moderator
26,321 Posts
You think it's funny, but that's the mind set in Mass and a lot of northern states. A million laws and none of them work. I lived it, I know what these pin heads can do with laws. Glad to be in a free state.
In Mass, if you moved to a new city, you had to send letters to the chief and state license board to let them know you moved. Now, at license renewal time, if the chief in your new city was a pr$ck, he could deny your renewal for your license.
No, your post may have been satirical but the proposal reported in the OP, right out of the Nanny-state playbook, is definitely not funny. You apparently have no idea of my experience with the mindset of Blue State legislatures, politics, taxes, etc.! Although I grew up in Florida, I worked in the Democratic People's Republik of Maryland for 30 years and know full well that virtually all gun control laws do not work at all and only really effect the law-abiding. Nothing made me happier than seeing the DPRofMD and virtually every place North and east in my rear-view mirror. The thought of Florida going down the same un-American path disgusts me to no end!
:smack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts