Florida Concealed Carry banner
2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  LabGuy 
#1 ·
Question; I currently have a Fl CWP and moved out of state. How do I go about transferring it to a non-resident license if at all possible?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
There is no "resident" or "non-resident" FLCWFL, just resident or non-resident privileges based on your state of residency, usually defined by the address on your driver license. However, you need to contact DOACS to update your current address so they know where to send your renewal packet when it becomes time to renew.

Now that that is out of the way, welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Allenwadams! :wave

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

#3 ·
Ditto what BH said. Florida only has one CWFL. They treat the holder of that CWFL a little differently based upon residency (renewal fee and fingerprints are the only differences I think). Some other states may not honor your CWFL if you are not a Florida resident, but the CWFL itself is identical.

Your address isn't on the CWFL anymore, but (as BH said) be sure to tell DACS about the change.

#8 · (Edited)
You are required to do a change of address; see 790.06(8). That change can be made online.

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/license/ChangeAddress.aspx?TYPE=790

(8) Within 30 days after the changing of a permanent address, or within 30 days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services of such change. Failure to notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25.

Or;

Section 790.06(8) requires you to notify the Division of Licensing in writing within 30 days after a change of address. You may change your address online below or submit your notification to us in writing at the following address:
Division of Licensing
P.O.Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.