Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's possible it'll happen... you're reaching, moving, wind blows, etc.

Somehow your sidearm accidentally peaks through.

Anyone have another person see it and say something to them or someone else?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When I was a CO and concealing off-duty, I was in a McDonalds when some guy was choking, I did the Heimlich Maneuver and dislogded his mess. :puke While doing so, my gun was concealed in the small of my back. So I thought. I went to the bathroom to wash up when 2 Sheriff's Deputy's came in to ask me about my gun.

It appears that a Manager at McDonald's called EMS and the Deputy's showed up. Someone saw my gun and the Deputy's went to investigate me..

I thought it was for a big thank you, but they asked me a few questions about having a permit to carry, which then I showed them that my creds were issued by the same Sheriff's Office theirs did.

Anyway, I am glad that they approached me :clap , but my Big Mac and fries were cold by the time this all settled :thumbsdwn and I wasnt offered another meal :rolf

I dont know if that answers your question, but..don't get to paranoid over it as long as your legal and make an effort concealing, your will be okay if the gun peeks itself.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I know someone who had his shirt ride up over his gun without his knowledge. He went to Wally World, did his shopping, and was back at his car before he realized his gun was exposed the entire time.

Goes to show you how attentive most folks aren't.

-JT

·
Banned
4,530 Posts
A lot matters in how you dress and carry yourself. Clean cut and a demeanor of confidence/authority and most folk won't give it a second thought.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Happens all the time. I used to be real careful, but not so much these days.

The fact is, people aren't looking at me. My wife says there's a good reason for that!

People are too wrapped up in themselves to notice a fire 3 feet away. They aren't likely to notice a gun that's exposed for a few seconds.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
A lot matters in how you dress and carry yourself. Clean cut and a demeanor of confidence/authority and most folk won't give it a second thought.
This will determine how long it takes for someone to call 911 about a man with a gun or if they ignore it because of no threat felt.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
I know someone who had his shirt ride up over his gun without his knowledge. He went to Wally World, did his shopping, and was back at his car before he realized his gun was exposed the entire time.

Goes to show you how attentive most folks aren't.

-JT
Or maybe they were *very* attentive and gave the guy his space as well as their place in line. I would have suddenly been done with my shopping.

But then again I've been trying to find people printing for two months now without success. The good news is men don't notice I'm staring at them so they don't notice me either. They must be very good at concealing or I still have some sheep left in me.

MamaBear

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Or maybe they were *very* attentive and gave the guy his space as well as their place in line. I would have suddenly been done with my shopping.

But then again I've been trying to find people printing for two months now without success. The good news is men don't notice I'm staring at them so they don't notice me either. They must be very good at concealing or I still have some sheep left in me.

MamaBear
Just walk up to the guy and tell him he's showing..zip his pants up..his weapon is exposed :rolf

As for not noticing a female staring at me...I saw you, you just didnt see me..looking at you..

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
You know, as soon as I hit send I knew I should have selected a better choice of words. I just had to pick 'staring', didn't I? It must be my head cold fogging my better judgment tonight.

As for me actually speaking to a man you can forget it. No way.

MamaBear

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Unfortunately, in Brevard County, it's more likely people just didn't notice. I watched a woman text on her cell on I-95 for, oh, 5 miles one day. If folks are going to be that careless and unaware of basic self preservation, the only way they'd notice someone carrying a gun is if that person fired off a dozen rounds or so.

And that's a maybe.

-JT

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Just look for the IDPA thread and then ask deadeye what I think about your comment. :D Don't go there with me.

MamaBear

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
One thing I will say about carrying concealed, the more you do it, the less you care or should I say worry about someone seeing, suspecting or saying something. If it's covered I dont worry much about printing although I try not to, just depends on the mood I'm in..If I go IWB, you cant see it, no way no how..if its OWB in my Blade Tech straight drop..yep, you can see the grip print a little but I dont worry about it..

I did get made one time by a Sheriff while standing in line at a Circle K..had my instructors shirt on etc..full size 1911 in the Blade Tech Sting Ray holster..He ask me where I was teaching, I told him..ask what I was carrying as he pointed to it (it was covered by the shirt)..told him a Dan Wesson 45, ..we walked outside and continued the conversation about his Glock 40 and my 45 and it went on for 20 minutes..he didnt say a word about the print..gave him a couple of business cards, told him if he ever wanted to learn how to shoot, look me up..that got a good laugh :D

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I had the wind blow my shirt and a woman looked about like she was going to crap herself let out a yell, I said sorry, I have a permit to carry this, please don't be alarmed, got in my car and left!

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
I had the wind blow my shirt and a woman looked about like she was going to crap herself let out a yell, I said sorry, I have a permit to carry this, please don't be alarmed, got in my car and left!
I'd agree that folks just don't tend to notice.

When I'm in my car, I pull my cover garment over my weapon so I can actually get to it if need be.

Told you that to tell you this...

Stopped at a local diner a while back to get some take out at lunch for the wife and I (AWESOME pot-roast). Parked the car walked all the way around the front of the building to the front and entered the diner.

Stood at the busy cashier's counter for, oh, 5 or 6 minutes. Got my food, paid and left.

Walked back to the back of the building to get in my car. Walking up to my car, I caught my own reflection in the driver's side window. My shirt was still wrapped around my G23. :eek: About 15 total minutes of OCing in a crowded, public place and no one said a thing.

NOT EVEN THE TWO SHERIFF'S OFFICER'S SITTING AT THE TABLE RIGHT BY THE REGISTER! :D

Yeah...I don't worry about accidentally printing/flashing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'd agree that folks just don't tend to notice.

When I'm in my car, I pull my cover garment over my weapon so I can actually get to it if need be.

Told you that to tell you this...

Stopped at a local diner a while back to get some take out at lunch for the wife and I (AWESOME pot-roast). Parked the car walked all the way around the front of the building to the front and entered the diner.

Stood at the busy cashier's counter for, oh, 5 or 6 minutes. Got my food, paid and left.

Walked back to the back of the building to get in my car. Walking up to my car, I caught my own reflection in the driver's side window. My shirt was still wrapped around my G23. :eek: About 15 total minutes of OCing in a crowded, public place and no one said a thing.

NOT EVEN THE TWO SHERIFF'S OFFICER'S SITTING AT THE TABLE RIGHT BY THE REGISTER! :D

Yeah...I don't worry about accidentally printing/flashing.

That's one way to clear the food line :rolf

1 - 20 of 46 Posts