Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Florida would require background checks before weapons could be sold at gun shows and would require private gun transactions be documented under a bill unanimously approved by a Senate committee Monday. "

Here are the Senators (traitors) who voted for gun control:

Chair: Senator Tom Lee (R)

Vice Chair:Senator Keith Perry (R)

Senator Aaron Bean (R) (Refused to vote like a coward)

Senator Janet Cruz (D)

Senator Ed Hooper (R)

Senator Travis Hutson (R)

Senator Linda Stewart (D)

Senator Annette Taddeo (D)

Read more:
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/regional/florida/florida-senate-bill-gun-show-loophole-nra-marion-hammer/67-eabc17e8-9a87-4eb5-a05a-799061fc3a44

·
Super Moderator
27,123 Posts
Text of Senate Bill 7028 here.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I don't really see the anti-gun portions of that bill passing, at least with the current makeup of the Florida legislature.

As for the health care information stuff, HIPPA is federal law. You cannot just pass a state law that says "we're going to ignore federal law." Now, I'm not a lawyer, and I have not read the entire text of the HIPPA regulations, but I do work in the health care field, and have had HIPPA training. It is my opinion that parts of this bill are directly contradictory with the HIPPA laws.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Gee they seem to provide penalties for failing to do this or that... where's the penalty for SAs who, when given evidence that existing gun laws are broken, fail to prosecute? Let's add that penalty in too.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Added list of traitors to original post
Thank you. Keith Perry represents my area. I understand he is term limited and will be gone after his current term expires. Good thing, he sucks.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Added list of traitors to original post
Careful using language like that. Disagreeing with a vote in committee is one thing; branding someone over a single vote is not going to serve the gun community well. Penny wise, pound foolish.

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Thank you. Keith Perry represents my area. I understand he is term limited and will be gone after his current term expires. Good thing, he sucks.
I am now banned from his FB page. It seems "Yankee Dickhead" is deemed offensive :dunno

·
Banned
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am now banned from his FB page. It seems "Yankee Dickhead" is deemed offensive :dunno
Government officials are not allowed to ban people from Facebook pages. Not sure if obscene language counts, but they are not allowed to do that simply for voicing your opinion.

See this: https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/internet-speech/court-rules-public-officials-cant-block-critics-facebook

You should e-mail his office directly and demand that he unban you or that you will continue with legal proceedings against him. He will not win, and will be embarrassed in the process, not to mention could be liable.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What is Florida now the new New Jersey? I hope I don't have to move to Texas next.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
What is Florida now the new New Jersey? I hope I don't have to move to Texas next.

Beat ya to it. :laughing

Careful what you wish for, there’s plenty of liberal strongholds here. It’s the nightmare of conservative states....liberals are fleeing democrat run states like mice on a sinking ship. They get here bringing their political ideologies with them and stupidity vote the same way they did that ruined the state they left behind. :dunno

·
Registered
78 Posts
Start writing
https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/

This is another reason why Gun Shows whose policies eliminate private sales should be boycotted. The folks who want stronger anti gun laws can now point to the largest promoter in Florida and say "See, even gun guys are with us on common sense legislation".

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Maybe we need blue state immigration reform.

·
Registered
6,310 Posts
Texas won't help. The Kalifoniacs are moving there...... It's going to have to be somewhere in the midwest where it gets colder and keeps them away. Maybe they won't get as much traction in Arizona....

Right Brownie? :grin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Universal background check bill passed in senate committee

SB 7028: Public Safety passed in committee.

Sadly, my Senator, Keith Perry voted yes. I called his office yesterday and urged him to vote no.

< Previous Senate Bill Next Senate Bill >
Track This Bill

Glossary of Legislative Terms

SB 7028: Public Safety
GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security

Public Safety; Requiring emergency medical technicians and paramedics to disclose certain confidential communications to law enforcement agencies to communicate a threat under certain circumstances; requiring specified licensees, rather than psychiatrists, to disclose certain confidential communications to law enforcement agencies to communicate a threat under certain circumstances; authorizing a person who is not a licensed importer, a licensed manufacturer, or a licensed dealer and who chooses to not use a licensed importer, a licensed manufacturer, or a licensed dealer to facilitate a private sale of his or her firearm to sell the firearm if he or she complies with specified requirements, etc.

Effective Date: Except as otherwise expressly provided in this act, this act shall take effect July 1, 2020
Last Action: 1/14/2020 Senate - Filed

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Yep. I threatened to run his campaign manager off when he wanted to talk during our cussfight over his vote on previous gun bills. He's a slimeball sh*twad of the first order

1 - 20 of 28 Posts