Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have pepper spray and/or knives in your routine EDC/all day carry?
If so, what advice can I get on carrying them legally in FL?

Learning to practice being prepared, not scared.

Thanks,
CWOLDOJAX

·
Registered
54,607 Posts
Do any of you have pepper spray and/or knives in your routine EDC/all day carry?

Go to the edged weapons section of this forum. There's plenty of threads/posts of people blades they EDC.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
If so, what advice can I get on carrying them legally in FL?

Learning to practice being prepared, not scared.

Thanks,
CWOLDOJAX
Personally, I carry three knives daily. One is a tool, the other two are weapons. I carried Fox Labs for a long while, but recently gave my lat one to my niece...need to get more.

Do you have a CWFL?

Only firearms are preempted by the State Legislature, so localities may enact their own laws regarding them. Very, very few have done so.

State law permits the following:
With a CWFL, you may carry any knife concealed [Subject to the location restrictions listed in 790.06(12)(a)]
or openly, without restriction. Except, of course, schools & jails.
Without a CWFL you may carry any knife openly, without restriction (Except, of course, schools & jails.) and may carry a 'common pocket knife' concealed.

Self-defense chemical spray (2 oz or less of chemical) may be carried concealed without need for a CWFL. Any size Self-defense chemical spray may be carried openly. Except, of course, schools & jails.

There may be other nuances, but this should generally cover it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all.
I guess my mind did not see the "edged weapons" means knives. :) Makes sense.
Pursuing my CWFL. Buying a M&P 9C soon and taking CCW class and guns class (for me). I want my wife to carry pepper spray. She is reluctant to carry anything.

·
Registered
54,607 Posts
There's a wealth of information in the edged weapons section, peruse at your convenience and if you have any questions, throw them up on a thread there or start a new one in that section :thumsup

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
on the pocket knife...any folder under 4" is genarelly considered a pocket knife.

Pepper Spray.....hmmm... should we go there? I finally got rid of the ugly keychain I had. Yapping neighbor's dogs needed a lesson.. or ten. Not getting any other in any foreseeable future.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
on the pocket knife...any folder under 4" is genarelly considered a pocket knife.

Pepper Spray.....hmmm... should we go there? I finally got rid of the ugly keychain I had. Yapping neighbor's dogs needed a lesson.. or ten. Not getting any other in any foreseeable future.
:rofl

nothing like fermenting neighborly relations

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
:rofl

nothing like fermenting neighborly relations
spraying love, honey, spraying loooove.... And those needed a lesson in justified barking.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts

A new Tampa Electric employee tried that with my dog, he almost lost an arm over it. He was lucky I happened to be home that afternoon and by the back door when the barking began.

Due to the dog, we had an agreement with TECO about scheduled readings. If fact the previous employee was great friends with the dog and would play with her on her monthly visits! New guy jumped the fence as the gate was locked, while ignoring the bad dog signs and the barking dog 20 feet away - he was not too bright!

He drove up, tried the gate, then jumped the fence - Faster than I could open the door and take 10 steps.

He sprayed the dog, and all that did was make her mad! He was scrambling up a tree as a called the dog off. :rofl
He started to yell at me about the dog, well that just pissed her off more. Up the tree he went again. :smack

He looked very experienced in tree climbing!

After I got her leash on her, the employee and I had a talk. "Were you not aware of the schedule agreement?" "Yes, but I was in a hurry!" "Did you not see the signs?" "Yes, but I was in a hurry!" "Did you not see the dog 20 feet away?" "Yes, but dogs bark all the time!"

I told him he was very lucky I happened to be working from home that day. And the idiot said he would have just sprayed the dog again...and reached for his pepper spray for dramatic flair I suppose. Luckily for him I had the dog on the lease and saved his ass again!

I think I was the first house in the County with the new 'smart meter'. :grin

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
35' away is not a harsh teaching, just a warning. unleashed rottie roaming the street at 25' is not harsh treatment. Others here go for shooting :grin In my neighborhood any dog learns not to bark at noises, cats, rats, or gun shots...or not to run unleashed without showing peaceful behavior. My dogs know that. Only someone inside your patio is considered justified barking :grin The pooches being transplanted I guess from a more quiet neighborhood had to learn. When you sleep couple hours like me or have a kid to take home... you do not appreciate a 100 pound unknown dog at your door nor a 2 am constant barking when all other dogs are soundly sleeping. Maybe I should have sprayed the owners...

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
35' away is not a harsh teaching, just a warning. unleashed rottie roaming the street at 25' is not harsh treatment. Others here go for shooting :grin In my neighborhood any dog learns not to bark at noises, cats, rats, or gun shots...or not to run unleashed without showing peaceful behavior. My dogs know that. Only someone inside your patio is considered justified barking :grin The pooches being transplanted I guess from a more quiet neighborhood had to learn. When you sleep couple hours like me or have a kid to take home... you do not appreciate a 100 pound unknown dog at your door nor a 2 am constant barking when all other dogs are soundly sleeping. Maybe I should have sprayed the owners...
This!

·
Registered
16,870 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is pepper spray in a different area on the forum?
I stopped at the Army Navy store on the way home from work and learned what I wanted about "edged weapons" ;-)

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I would. I shot one of my own dogs that got my daughter down and had her by the throat. Chow/Spitz mix. Loved that dog. Shot him between the eyes with a .357

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
Where is the fox labS representative when you need him? :rofl

No. Not area of the forum for ps but some heated arguments in the past...

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Give it time. Where I go, havoc follows :grin

·
Registered
16,870 Posts
I would. I shot one of my own dogs that got my daughter down and had her by the throat. Chow/Spitz mix. Loved that dog. Shot him between the eyes with a .357
While this ^ will probably qualify, i would be hardpressed to punch, kick, stab or shoot a dog. Very. That coming from someone who used to complete service calls in rural areas and had been "attacked" by dogs. Never gone beyond "mouthing". But ten years and 50 pounds older dogs were the reason i got the ps. Didn't need to spray directly but front door Rottweiler decided that now when he breaks out, he looks my way, salutes with one yap, and runs the opposite direction. More training that any his lousy owner had ever done. The barking couple....well... i wasted the ps and changed tactics. Now i make them bark. Lately lighting fireworks in my patio while their owner is watching fortune wheel or something. It drives them crazy! And i could swear my mut smiles at me when this happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts