Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
This is why we need constitutional carry, I shouldn't need a permission card/license to carry.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Another BS subject line from our favorite Dudley-fluffer. Neither the headline on the article, nor anything in it, says that it is the Governor doing this. In fact, the Governor is only mentioned once in the article, in an aside that is completely unrelated to concealed weapons licenses.

Again, I have to wonder why someone would deliberately make themselves look stupid by posting these lies?

·
Registered
978 Posts
From FDAC website - https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Press-Releases/2020-Press-Releases/Acceptance-of-New-Concealed-Weapons-License-Applications-Delayed-During-COVID-19

Mar 20, 2020
Tallahassee, Fla. – To minimize exposure to COVID-19 and help protect visitors and employees, the Governor has recommended state offices be temporarily closed to the public from Thursday, March 19th through Sunday, April 19th. As a result, FDACS Division of Licensing regional office personnel will not be available to fingerprint license applicants.

Local law enforcement agencies and tax collector offices across Florida have likewise begun to temporarily suspend fingerprinting services. Therefore, first-time concealed weapons license (CWL) applicants will be unable to obtain electronic or hard card fingerprinting services from any of the means authorized by section 790.06(5)(c), Florida Statutes. As a reminder, fingerprints submitted from any source other than official law enforcement, tax collector offices, or FDACS Division of Licensing offices cannot be accepted under 790.06(5)(c), Florida Statutes.

To prevent unnecessary financial burdens and frustration to CWL applicants who would be unable to be approved due to the unavailability of fingerprinting services, acceptance of online or in-person initial CWL applications beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 will be delayed. Per Commissioner Nikki Fried’s emergency order 2020-004, expiring concealed weapons licenses and security officer licenses will be automatically extended an additional thirty (30) days at this time.

Renewals/Security Officers: The Division of Licensing will continue accepting online and mailed CWL renewal applications and all Chapter 493 security officer applications as usual.

If applicants have questions, they may contact the FDACS Division of Licensing at (850) 245-5691 or [email protected]. Division of Licensing personnel will remain available to answer questions by telephone or email.
Additionally (Link);
Emergency Order 2020-004 will help concealed weapon licensees and Chapter 493 licensees by suspending renewal application late fees, providing additional time (30 days) to renew licenses set to expire, providing armed security officers additional time to submit proof of annual requalification, and allowing unarmed security officer training to be conducted by live video conferencing.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Another BS subject line from our favorite Dudley-fluffer. Neither the headline on the article, nor anything in it, says that it is the Governor doing this. In fact, the Governor is only mentioned once in the article, in an aside that is completely unrelated to concealed weapons licenses.

Again, I have to wonder why someone would deliberately make themselves look stupid by posting these lies?
Playing chess with a paint-chip eating, window licking pigeon my friend...

·
Super Moderator
26,032 Posts
Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt (difficult as that is), it's possible that he intended "Gov" in the thread title to mean "government" vice Gov. DeSantis. Regardless, I've modified the thread title to reflect the agency responsible for the reported situation.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt (difficult as that is), it's possible that he intended "Gov" in the thread title to mean "government" vice Gov. DeSantis. Regardless, I've modified the thread title to reflect the agency responsible for the reported situation.
You, dear friend, do far more work than you get credit for.

I don't care what the other's have said. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

- - - Updated - - -

The man is so nice, he said it twice.

:rofl

·
Registered
772 Posts

- - - Updated - - -

Someone's got to keep things civilized :grin

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Gov was short for "government" If I meant the Governor I would have instead written "DeSantis"

·
Registered
978 Posts
The man is so nice, he said it twice.

:rofl
Don't get crazy. heh heh for some reason I got a 'Leave screen' prompt. first choice was 'cancel' second choice 'accept' and Voila! double post.
I hate website code.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If the FDACs offices are closed to the public, just mail it in. It didn’t say “they” weren’t working.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Last I knew, fingerprints weren't technically a requirement. I mean, sure, you need to do them, but if they're illegible, oh well, figure out another way.

The Sheriff's office out here gave my wife a letter when she submitted her fingerprints last time. (They rejected her prints the first time.) It basically said, this is it, ain't gettin' better, figger it out. The lady then informed me they had other ways to do the background—fingerprints were merely a formality.

The next week her card arrived.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Attached to the original Florida Cary email/notification regarding this there was a three page PDF/document (Emergency Order ?) signed by "Nicole Fried".

I can't find it now but my read of that document was more along the lines of they were ordered to be closed - - out of the office doing the social distancing thing - - for 30 days so they could not process applications for CWL, G licenses and D licenses for those 30 days. That is why they gave everyone a 30 day grace period on expirations, renewals and new applications.

Since I can't find it can anyone else?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts