Florida Concealed Carry banner
3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  bladenbullet 
#1 ·
Licensed to carry a weapon about one year ago, I knew instantly that I could not predict how I'd respond at exactly the moment I would need my handgun. I searched for the solution, but found there was no such dynamic training being offered anywhere. So, I opened in January in Vero Beach a training institution using state-of-the-art virtual reality simulation to provide scenario-based judgment and skill training. I now know that when the time comes to use my gun I'll be able to respond with skill, judgment, and knowledge. Many others are now enthusiastic students at www.judgmenttraininginstitute.com.

#2 ·
Welcome and good luck with your teachings.

#11 ·
Welcome from Palm Coast! We need all the training we can get, good for you! :2thumsup

Training. There just is nothing better than training and safety which you learn through training when it comes to deadly weapon ownership.

Let's not forget Gander Mountain! It is expensive though, but well worth it if you can afford it. Makes a great Father's day, birthday, or Christmas present!

https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/index.php

#12 ·
Welcome to the forum.

#13 ·
Thank you for your comment. I agree that most instructors are unable to use simulators for the purpose they are intended. From my test pilot and decision-making author background I know that a simulator training session should provide the skills necessary to enable instant and accurate action. Too often a simulator session ends with prolonged analysis rather than an evaluation of the needed ability. That premature conclusion is the fault of the instructor, not the simulator. Thank you again for your insight.

#17 ·
And may I also add that, indeed, one of our training schemes is to recognize that simulator students become conditioned to "shoot." Because of that natural tendency, we regularly branch scenarios to end with a surrender or flight of the threatening person(s). This keeps students aware of the need to always employ situational awareness.

#20 ·
Hi from Punta Gorda.

#21 ·
welcome aboard...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.