Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, for those watching this thread I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. The second carrier I was considering didn’t answer the phone because they’ve been hit by some sort of almost hurricane strength weather and lost power. I called them today and the lady called me back at 6o’clock tonight and was very cordial. They are underwritten by Transguard which she tells me is largely comprised of former travelers inland marine folks.Travelers got out of the firearms coverage business back in May and they had to find another underwriting source. She tells me that Transguard is A+ rated by A.M. Best which is a resource that looks at the financial strength and performance of insurance carriers. A+ is a very good rating and I think A++ is available and a little better. As an example, Allstate is A+ rated.

I thought she was very pleasant and responsive and I’ll get more information Monday or Tuesday. From looking at the website, it seems like they are geared towards larger collections but I’ll find that out. She wanted to know how far I was from the coast and tells me that that they will have to submit something directly to underwriting for Florida cases.

I know this probably seems excessive for a guy that just owns the two pistols but you never can be too careful.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I’m familiar with Transguard. In my claims days, I’ve worked with them as the other insurance party in a claim. They seemed competent. No complaints or concerns with our interactions (mostly electronic admittedly) The one or two phone conversations were productive and professional.

IIRC, they’re mostly into transportation. But, reinsurance is a weird realm. Even I don’t always follow that bouncing ball. :LOL:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts