Florida Concealed Carry banner

Fingerprinting Police station only or any fingerprinting service?

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Telum Pisces 
#1 ·
I got fingerprinting at a local fingerprinting location called alpha/omega. They claim to do fingerprinting for conceited weapon permits. They created a fingerprint card for me to mail in with my application. Does this sound fine? Reading online about it says it must be police station only which concerns me. Anyone done it this way? Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
Are you a Florida resident? Are you following the directions from DOACS exactly?

#3 ·
The instructions say to take it at a law enforcement agency. I noticed that after I did them. I was just thinking since the company is advertising that they do fingerprints for concealed permits, I thought maybe they are authorized to do that. I’m just trying to confirm before I spend more money.

#6 ·
ten years ago I had the photo and finger print card done by a off duty local PD officer that was one of the instructors teaching the CWL class. does't exactly answer your question but you can compare that situation to yours and make a more informed decision. there will likely be a more knowledgeable person along that could help you or as Beerhunter always suggests you can review the online FL laws (though many are not understandable by non lawyers or law clerks).

#8 ·
Where can I get my fingerprints digitally scanned?
Florida law requires applicants for the concealed weapon license to have their fingerprints taken at a law enforcement agency. Electronic fingerprint scanning services are available at almost all of the 67 county sheriffs' offices and even some local police departments throughout the state.

We strongly recommend you telephone your local law enforcement agency in advance to find out if the agency does in fact provide electronic fingerprint scanning service and whether an appointment is necessary if the service is available.

Important tip: When your fingerprints are scanned, the fingerprint technician will give you a receipt and/or a photocopy of the fingerprint scan.

Please keep these documents. They contain your Transaction Control Number, which is needed if you pay for the fingerprinting service online, rather than at the sheriff's office or police department. Also, copies of the documents should be submitted with your concealed weapon license application.
I don't know if the company you mention are contracted by or otherwise authorized to take fingerprints in the name of a Law Enforcement Agency for a Florida Concealed Weapons or Firearms License (FCWFL), so I can only recommend you contact DOACS to clarify if what you have is satisfactory.

If you need immediate assistance, please dial (850) 245-5691 and a staff member will assist you. You may also connect with this office by email at DOL@FDACS.gov.

#9 ·
It doesn’t matter where you get the fingerprint card done, just that the prints are clear and not smudged.

My card was done by an off duty copy who worked with a concealed carry class. My wife’s was smudged and had to be redone by BSO.

#11 ·
Sorry, but it has to be done by a LEO. That is the law. I have had my fingerprints done 100's of times. None of that matters. DOACS requires that it is done by LEO or a LEO agency.

#12 · (Edited)
Per 790.06
(5)(c) 
A full set of fingerprints of the applicant administered by a law enforcement agency or the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services or an approved tax collector pursuant to s. 790.0625 together with any personal identifying information required by federal law to process fingerprints. Charges for fingerprint services under this paragraph are not subject to the sales tax on fingerprint services imposed in s. 212.05(1)(i).

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html

#15 ·
Check to see if you have a regional office of DOACS nearby. They will take your picture and do the electronic prints that they send to Tallahassee. If they get a print that will not work they redo it right then and there. You do not leave until they say it will work. They are probably the most efficient government agency in Florida. I was in and out of their office is less than 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Yup, I believe applications already in the system are/were being processed, albeit slower since most workers are teleworking, and only online and mail-in applications are currently being accepted until offices open back up.

#18 ·
I wouldnt be surprised if sheriff’s offices are not doing finger prints right now. Im told the martin county office isnt doing them....check your local sheriff’s office

#19 ·
Many years ago, my CCWL instructor did them. Sent them in and got my license. He advertised that you walked out with the package complete and ready to send in. Reputable guy that is still doing the same thing today and people are getting their license. He does tell folks that it's quicker and easier to go down to the local office vs mailing it in these days. But he still does it for folks that want to do the mail in offering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.