Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took from October 1 to November 25 to get my gun back from Ruger. I've been carrying it around for a couple of days, and basically it has been glued to my hip just because I was not going to let this gun leave my site. After carrying my dh's Walther PPS 9mm I'm in agreement with y'all that basically the LCP is a mouse gun. I never thought I'd confess that so go ahead and laugh at me.

Ruger included the little pinkie magazine for free. I also got a $25 gift certificate for my trouble. I went on their site and except for cups and piddly stuff and a few t-shirts everything is more expensive than my little certificate covers. I finally decided to get a t-shirt only to find it is not in stock right now. The t-shirt is $18.95 and with $5.50 shipping that is all I get.

I guess I'll go to the range on Monday and fire off some rounds to make sure the gun will work this time. It's probably stupid of me to carry without going to the range first after just getting it out of the shop but I thought I'd chance it. Once I go through some rounds and know it is ok then I'll carry one in the chamber. For now I'm just carrying to get used to it. I have to say even with my style of clothing it is easy to hide this thing.

Now that I'm up to speed on things I'll have to find something else to chat about.

End of saga.

MamaBear

ps - my 12yo son calls my LCP the "Baby" and my extra magazine that I also carry he calls "baby food". haha - ok, that must be a mom thing but I thought it was funny

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
You mean you did not tell us the minute you got back your gun. We've been glued to our seat with this gun saga. :D (Kidding)

I'm glad you got it back. May I say I think you should sell it and get something like the Walther PPS now that you've experience carrying a larger gun. Anyway it's good that your very comfortable CCing :thumsup.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Finally the MamaBear drama is over...about damn time. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if I'm going to spend more $$ in bullets or soap. :rolf

MamaBear

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Okay MamaBear,

What's next? Seems like we rally around you around here. :laughing Congrats on getting your "gat" I mean "baby" back. :thumsup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just be careful you don't drop it now. I hear the LCP has some issues where if you drop the gun it will discharge, and I don't mean from a rooftop, a relatively short fall. Be careful.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
After carrying my dh's Walther PPS 9mm I'm in agreement with y'all that basically the LCP is a mouse gun. I never thought I'd confess that so go ahead and laugh at me.
MamaBear,

What ya need to do is get yourself a big girl gun, like mine ..... in .45 acp!! :rolf

·
Registered
469 Posts
Good news indeed!

Great to hear that you got your LCP back! When I was lurking around the site I followed your entire threads about the subject, and did make me hesitate about picking one up. Once you get a chance to put a few rounds through it, please share your experiences with it! :thumsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts