Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fictitious Scenario -Round Restaurant Scenario

I posted this on a national cc website...so I hope it's ok that I cross post it here.

I had several weird dreams the other night...despite that...I am glad to be dreaming again after literally years with few....

I was in a restaurant and I was dressed in my Sunday best. I don't know about you other guys that attend church...but I still carry my little Kel Tec with me when I am there...but I often leave my spare mag at home. My Kimber is left out in the truck.

Since I was in my 'Sunday Best' at this restaurant...I had my KelTec...but not the spare mag. The restaurant was not brightly lit...but not dark either...it was rather strange that when you came in...there was a hostess...and the seating area was round....with the enclosed kitchen/prep area in the middle of the restaurant like a hub. (and it was also round...picture a donut with the kitchen area being the hole and the donut ring being the seating area)
The hostess seated me off to the right of her post about at the 1230 position...with the hostess podium being at about 1515 in the overall layout.

At some point, three men enter the restaurant...and for whatever reason I was up from my table an noticed them giving the hostess a difficult time...and immediately my "spidey sense" started tingling....

There were fewer patrons seated in my section than others...so I moved in close to the kitchen wall and drew my KelTec...immediately concerned that I had no extra ammo...
As I suspected...the three drew weapons to rob the place...

Since I was outgunned and outmanned...I decided to post a hasty exit. Two of the BGs started in the direction towards my seating area...guns in hand...presumably to begin crowd control. I tried to beat feet the other way (I was sure there was another exit)...knowing that it would just lead me around the circle to their (now apparent) leader who was holding the hostess and manager at gunpoint...but before I could move very far...the BG closest to be began to raise his weapon towards me. Since I knew he could see my gun in my hand...I realized very quickly that he was going to shoot me...so I rapidly took aim and put him down with 3 torso shots...
I continued to move away...but also became aware that I was not going to gain any cover before his associate could drop me...so 3 more shots and his friend hit the floor too...and I was running around the circle AWAY from the direction they had come...but ultimately TOWARDS BG#1..........with 1 shot left in the KelTec.................

As I rounded the bend...I could see BG#1 was about to grab the hostess and take her hostage. I decided that time was of the essence here...as he was obviously confused as to what could have gone to s()it so quickly...but definitely in control of himself....so I rushed his position...firing my last shot at him as he pushed the hostess down and started to raise his pistol towards me....

I missed!!! ...so I kept running until I slammed into him...he was stocky and shorter than I....but with my weight advantage(?) I knocked him to the floor....his gun sliding away from us both towards the door. I couldn't get to the gun without risking myself further...so I rose immediately and began to run back the way I had come thinking I would "regroup" and come up with plan "B"...but I tripped over a chair or something and before I could rise again...he had retrieved his gun and while I struggled to crawl/roll away while trying to get to my feet I saw him raise it to aim at me again....

Time stood momentarily still....and I decided then and there that I would not die on my knees.

I grabbed what seemed to be a tray and flung it at him...this took him off-guard and gave me the time I need to rise and charge him again...I slammed into him and we both went down...and in the end...it seems I saved the day...although my memory of specifics becomes a bit fuzzy here...I think I awoke just as this was happening....

I took special care to replay this dream...because I WANTED to remember it...it seemed to be an excellent tactical analysis case....and the detail up until the end was amazing...and incredibly realistic...if not a little too "movie-ish"...

What would you do differently?

Me? Carry the spare mag from now on...

How about you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never carry a spare mag. 15 rounds is what I think I need. I might be wrong about this someday. Now since I started carrying I don't dream about scenarios but I do play them out in my head when I'm out and about. I realize that realistically I can't save everyone in a bad situation but If I see guns come out I won't wait to be taken hostage.

I'll try to drop every BG I can while trying to leave while hoping that the BG's are a lousy shot. However I wonder if I could be held accountable legally for any innocent person who dies if I start to shoot first.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For now I just try to imagine what I would do if someone tries to rob me at gunpoint. Can I draw fast enough, will I miss, etc etc. As for the scenario, my actions would be similar to yours Singlestack45.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I have dreams like that all the time...and I've won every "dream battle" I've been in, which actually helps make me feel like I would probably prevail in a real-life gunfight (as long as I was up against somebody who wasn't as good as me :D).

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't carry a spare mag? I have to admit, I don't 100% of the time, but..

it's not about more ammo, it's about having the other mag in case of a malfunction.

Also it sure would suck to be running for cover, squeeze too hard and hit the mag release....drop your mag out of the gun.....arrive at cover with only the one in the chamber. :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In retrospect...the other thing I would have done differently is I WOULD NOT have gotten up to retreat after getting him on the floor the first time. Then and there it would have been a fight for survival...his or mine.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I currently don't carry a spare mag. Not because of the 17+1 capacity of my gun, but because I've yet to find a comfortable and concealable mag pouch for a doublestack 9mm mag.

For me, capacity is NOT the issue...it's being able to quickly strip a mag if there's a feed problem, and replace it with another loaded mag, rather than fiddling with the fussy mag in a firefight.

Murphy's Law prevails: regardless of how reliable your firearm has been in the past, when you need it most, that's when it'll be most likely to puke on you.

-JT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts