Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Easy and cheap and very effective:

Buy 3 sheets of sandpaper - 400, 600 and 800.
Tear off a piece of the 400 roughly 3/8" square.
Lay it face down on the feed ramp and rub it around using the eraser end of a pencil. Replace sandpaper every minute or two.
When you've gone as far as you can, switch to 600, then 800.
You can get a mirror finish for pocket change and a little elbow grease and there's no risk of removing too much metal.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
I use a dremel on low speed with polishing creme called flitz on a polishing wheel. Takes less than 2 minutes and it's a mirror finish.

Flitz won't remove metal unless you use it for more than 10 minutes and are putting a lot of force on wheel at the same time.

Brownie

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use a dremel on low speed with polishing creme called flitz on a polishing wheel. Takes less than 2 minutes and it's a mirror finish.

Flitz won't remove metal unless you use it for more than 10 minutes and are putting a lot of force on wheel at the same time.

Brownie

+1...That's my procedure as well.
Would you also polish the camber? being carful not to polish the barrel riffling?

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Would you also polish the camber? being carful not to polish the barrel riffling?

I've never done that, nor would attempt it. If the chamber is that rough [ burr left from machining etc ] it would go back to a gunsmith or the manufacturer.

Brownie

·
Registered
181 Posts

I've never done that, nor would attempt it. If the chamber is that rough [ burr left from machining etc ] it would go back to a gunsmith or the manufacturer.

Brownie
Thanks Brownie!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Brownie
+1 on the flitz

If you dont have flitz handy, I guess a little bit of non-gel toothpaste would work

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well I polished the feed ramp and chamber of my Ruger LCP. I had some FTF's with Gold Dots but not anymore, The slide racks back, and comes forward like its ridding on hot snot! This little mouse gun, now shoots anything I load into her. From ball, hp, factory or reload all runs smooth. Great little gun, and what I like best about Elsie Pea she hides perfect in the pocket; paints, shorts, shirt it does not matter. And I almost forgot to mention she goes bang every time I squeeze the trigger. :ak

·
Registered
95 Posts
I (finally) did the feed ramp polish on my own, also.

Worked VERY well.

But I have a .45 from hell. Hates BALL ammo, but can't get enough of JHP.

I'm happy with it, because JHP is what I carry/magazine.

But there isn't a "gun-smith" around that says, "I want to see that .45 NOT feeding Ball and ONLY feeding HP?"

Wraith

1 - 16 of 16 Posts