Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
I thought this was going to be a thread about where to find some. Damn you all to hell, you tease! 馃が

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I thought this was going to be a thread about where to find some. Damn you all to hell, you tease! 馃が
I wish I could find more. It's funny - when I didn't need it per se it was super-duper common. Now that I'd like to have more, can't find it.

I mean I'm set for ammo, I have way more than I can transport if things got froggy and I had to vacate the homestead to Plan B, but my goal is to have a wretched excess of ammo.

Nonetheless if I find some 9BPLE, I'll drop you a line!

Premium Member
I gotta admit, those Sigs are beautiful looking guns.
Thank You Mr Joe ! Someday I'll Post Mine .. It's an Original P220 Made in 'West Germany' . A Bit Weighty , As It Should Be For a .45 acp .. I Understand That These & The Browning BDA's were Almost Clones back then .. IMHO , Hats Off
To Browning's Influence On All Guns .. I Love All "Steel" Handguns ! ;)(y)

Registered
That's why I picked up a few boxes. Cheap as nuts and it had a proven record on the street. I should have grabbed cases of it.
Shoulda Coulda Woulda 馃榾

Registered

Premium Member
Well I grabbed cases of Speer so I guess I'm still alright. :cool:
Mr. Pod , Gotcha Loud & Clear . It Really Comes Down to a Relatively Small Difference Between + P's & +P+ ( According to What I Have Read All Night ) . With Your 'Speer' , You Won't Destroy Your Pistol With a 'Steady Diet' Of The Higher 9 MM +P Loads .
*P.S. - If You've Ever Seen A Handgun Explode ( As I Have ) Then You Would Clearly Understand My 'Trepidation' On your Posting of The 9MM +P+ Ammo. Very Volatile Stuff In Any Year Produced .

Premium Member
Not in stock anywhere, but a reminder of the good ol' days when you could find this easily.

View attachment 70381
"Targetsportsusa" has them on B/O for $22.99 Per 50 Expected Them Back In Approx' (3) weeks .. Just Hit Box with Your Email Add'y. These are Available in 'Singles' Or '1000' < --- *( Not Too Sure If These Are Discounted More In Higher Quantity ) "Gunner" (y)

Registered
Old ammo. Bullet construction is much improved, without beating the pistols to death. Geoff Who goes with Hornady low recoil, because my wife can handle it if necessary.

Registered
Though a very close well informed leo friend prefers the Federal 9BPLE +P+ in his non duty carry 9mm pistols, and has for decades, we've gone round and round on whether it's still one of the best choices out there today.

Super Moderator
Though a very close well informed leo friend prefers the Federal 9BPLE +P+ in his non duty carry 9mm pistols, and has for decades, we've gone round and round on whether it's still one of the best choices out there today.
I'm confused. . . Is his LEA still issuing 115 gr 9BPLE +P+ for On-Duty carry? :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Premium Member
Old ammo. Bullet construction is much improved, without beating the pistols to death. Geoff Who goes with Hornady low recoil, because my wife can handle it if necessary.
OK Mr. Skeptic .. Just Trying to Understand Why they would be Currently Selling Old Ammo & Still have a B/O in Place ? What i Read was from '2017' . Yes , I Agree Most women Couldn't handle +P+ Ammo . The Recoil Alone would Not Make for Accurate shots , Nor Help her Wrists For sure ... I was 'Merely' Trying to Help the 'OP' in This Case .. 'They' also Stated to use This ammo In the Older 'All Steel' firearms "IF" Rated by the Manufacturer to do so ..I Totally Agree , Sorry .. "Gunner" ;) 馃憤

Premium Member
I'm confused. . . Is his LEA still issuing 115 gr 9BPLE +P+ for On-Duty carry? :unsure:
Hi Mr. BH .. You Aren't the Only One That's 'Confused' about Now ! A Great Question from a Great & Knowledgeable Moderator . Thank You My Friend ! (y)

Registered
No, that's what he carries in his personal sidearm. He's carrying Speer 124gr+P in his duty gun [ that's what's issued and they have to use ].

"leo friend prefers the Federal 9BPLE +P+ in his non duty carry 9mm pistols"

Registered
OK Mr. Skeptic .. Just Trying to Understand Why they would be Currently Selling Old Ammo & Still have a B/O in Place ? What i Read was from '2017' . Yes , I Agree Most women Couldn't handle +P+ Ammo . The Recoil Alone would Not Make for Accurate shots , Nor Help her Wrists For sure ... I was 'Merely' Trying to Help the 'OP' in This Case .. 'They' also Stated to use This ammo In the Older 'All Steel' firearms "IF" Rated by the Manufacturer to do so ..I Totally Agree , Sorry .. "Gunner" ;) 馃憤
2 reasons

1. They still make it because people have always wanted it, so sales dictate keeping it in inventory
2. The bullet design hasn't been upgraded/updated since inception [ late 70's/early 80's ], now some 35-40 year old technology

It's backordered as most loads are back back ordered or in short supply presently

Other loads, since developed, produce the same penetration and expansion without the need for +P+ velocities [ which, IMO, should only be shot with a heavier recoil spring to prevent battering the frame ].

Super Moderator
No, that's what he carries in his personal sidearm. He's carrying Speer 124gr+P in his duty gun [ that's what's issued and they have to use ].
Interesting. There are other more up to date choices I'd make for personal carry ammo if I we're going to depart from what my LEA issued/required for on-duty carry, but to each his own! :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
1 - 20 of 24 Posts