Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that its not a hoster technically but has anyone here tried using one yet like the idea but not sure that automatically tells everyone that you are carrying. Thanks for any input.:confused:

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
It kind of depends on what you get. If you can stand for it and get something that looks like it is more "touristy", then it might be a little less obvious. Everytime I see a big, square, black fanny pack, it just screams I'm carrying. A number of the cops I know told me the same thing when I was looking for one. I ended up buying a gray one from the local cop shop. It looks like I should be carrying bottles of water in it rather than a pistol. It is a Nomada.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I personally don't see getting one for myself. I don't like the ideo of off-the-body carry, and something like a fanny pack is made to come off easily.

However, it depends on what option is available to you, depending on what you plan to carry, body type, personal comfort, mode of dress, and on and on and on and on...

For me, I can't see it...for others, it may be the perfect solution.

Your mileage may vary...

-JT

·
Registered
578 Posts
Only when I ride my mountain bike

·
Registered
578 Posts
Depending on what kind of clothes you wear mountain biking you might be able to carry IWB at about the 3:00 position.
Way too hot for me, also keep badge and credentials in the pack.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fanny Pack.

As it`s so hot here I sometimes use a Passport fanny pack that I wear backwards. I carry a S&W 9ve and two extra mags very comfortably with an untucked shirt. All I have to do is pull the lanyard zipper,pull the weapon out and I`m good to go. Works with very little practice. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Practice drawing from it is important. You take a little more time if you have to fumble with zippers and velcro. I have a fanny pack also and am more comfortable drawing from my IWB holster than the fanny pack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive seen some people using the back pack h20 carriers with the long straw they have them at wal mart for like 20$ im not sure but i believe you can stick a handgun in there and you could always modify the carrier to hold one with extra mags etc

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I just got one, sort of. I think every one CC specific I have seen is a bit too, I don't know, too holster??? Anyway, I got a Fanny bag large enough to allow a vertical draw and with velcro put a nylon holster in it for a full size 9mm. The draw is not too slow with the zipper thing about like the shirt out of the way thing but what I like is you can put your hand on your weapon without exposing it if you feel any threat at all. OK, the problem. It's too big and too heavy even with 1 1/2 waistband. It's the best I seen sizewise to try but I need to look for another. At least it won't go into the holster drawer, my wife likes it. Back to the drawing boad in quest for the ultimate carry!

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I want one of those for riding the bike. I could also carry a few tools in it and would not have to leave them on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
I think I want one of those for riding the bike. I could also carry a few tools in it and would not have to leave them on the bike.
That was why I bought one (in black)... I found it too annoying blowing around, and don't use it on the bike anymore...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wonder it a clip of some kind could be added to attach it to your belt or belt loop. That might keep it from blowing around. My bike is a custom and doesn't have enough storage to hold a stick of gum.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I ordered a "Tommy's Gun Pack" today, they had a sale that I couldn't refuse. I'll let y'all know if I like it after I try it a few times. I had a leather fanny pack and it was too bulky and heavy where these are nylon and a bit smaller without a whole bunch of compartments. It's so touristy here people will probably think I'm a European tourist and won't expect a tip if we go out for dinner. LOL

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Where did you find it on sale? Can you provide a link? Thanks
http://www.tommysgunpack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1

Put your e mail address in the "subscribe" box and you will be notified by e mail about specials. He has them on sale regularly. I paid $12. + shipping. Shipping is a bit high, $15. but for $27. I got a pack that functions really good. The draw is quick and you can also get your hand on it and be ready without anybody seeing it. I got the large for a full sized 9mm, 4" barrel. Might have been able to use the med. but the large isn't all that big.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fannny Packs

I know that its not a hoster technically but has anyone here tried using one yet like the idea but not sure that automatically tells everyone that you are carrying. Thanks for any input.:confused:

I have two, one Medium & 1 large. It's the only way I've found to comfortably carry my .45. I usually carry a .38 Airweight in my front pocket, but for festivals, etc where there'll be lots of walking, I find the fanny pack practical. I put my DL, CCW , and credit card in the fanny pack & ditch the wallet.
They're about $40 for a good one with velcro holster built in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Florida especially near tourist attractions many people wear fanny packs men and women. In those areas at least many of them don't carry. I have a fanny pack and it is convenient because one can put other things in it wallet, keys, cell phone etc. There is a video in one of the on line stores that sells them showing how to draw from it. It's quite simple.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts