Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
Another option would be to get the significant other to get her head out of her ### and pay attention. Seems the simpler solution from this seat.

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
How to win friends and influence people by Mr. Brown :rofl
When the wife let a stranger in MY home and had her purse and new digital camera stolen off the kitchen counter [ she'd just got back from shopping for it ] the fix wasn't to install cameras to monitor her 24/7 but to get her head out of her #### and pay attention. I got the beatch who stole it in less than 30 minutes but that wouldn't prevent it from happening again.

The source of the problem needs to be dealt with, not the other way around.

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
You're absolutely correct but the delivery was a little ... "ouch" :grin
Same delivery with my wife. Sometimes you've got to take the bull by the horns and put your foot down where your "security" is concerned. It was a hard lesson for her to learn. I didn't give her back the vid camera for months [ it sat in one of my safes ]. She'd lost it, I found it, it was mine, not hers. She got the message and since won't open the door to anyone she doesn't know or has invited to the house, let alone let them past the threshold.

There's NO excuse for security breaches.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
There's NO excuse for security breaches.
God I wish I knew how to convey that simple fact to friends and family. My 24 yr old daughter seems to be the only one who gets it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
On the same lines as brownies quote, Move! I mean really if your stuff is not safe for a few minutes, I would move my family to a safer area of town/country.
and if moving is not an options (which I cant see) then you need to take back your neighborhood.
staying in a crime filled neighborhood is the same as putting yourself in a dark ally at 2am. not living there would be the best offensive measure you could take.

Godspeed
MrC.

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
Ya, ex, had nothing to do with the lessons she learned that day and continues to abide by :grin

She was alive by accident when I met her. Hasn't been that way for some time having lived with a security professional for 20 years. She's better off for all the lessons she's learned, especially now that she's on her own and has to think for herself. Would have happened much sooner if she'd not paid attention to security in our homes and lives and learned the lessons of life.. :rofl

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
What a BS law,and what's funny is it's Ohio and not a border state where the drugs come in.So now you can become a felon because of what might happen,not what you did.As the Chinese man named his daughter,Fook Mi.

I understand that that those compartments were put there for ill reasons,but the intent of this thread proves not everyone has ill intent.Disturbing times we live in.

·
Registered
765 Posts
There are thousands of ways to hide or protect the bag, but the bottom line is that it got stolen when the device meant to protect it, the trunk lock, was not in use. The simple solution is to keep the trunk lid locked.

I hope you didn't have a firearm in it.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Looks kind a spammy??

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Stop bringing threads back from the dead. Once they die, and are brought back to life, they become registered Democrat voters in IL

Reactions: Riverpigusmc

·
Super Moderator
27,762 Posts
Purple Tire Shop post has been "unapproved" and referred to FCC Admin for commercial membership. Not sure why these are getting through. I usually get several new profiles in my "Approval" que every day but the que's been empty for at least a week. :unsure:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts