Florida Concealed Carry banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
They should have moved off, not just stood there challenging the buff.
But it's a national park, and they paid their admission prices to be there. They had every right to stand there and admire nature unmolested.

Orange, the color of sarcasm. How do people become that stupid?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think the issue here is that you are new to the forum... and barge in with your expertise while assuming and implying we're a bunch of noobs (who are just so lucky that you showed up with your brilliance).

• Haha
Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are so many options and possibilities in an active shooter scenario that it's impossible to say that moving into the school with LE there would be "falling on your sword."

There was a parent that was handcuffed and released and still went into the school to get her kid out by going where LE was not at the moment. She didn't fall on any sword.

And unless you have children, you cannot make any determination about what you would do. Yes, I would die doing what I believe is possible to save my children. No questions asked. Jumping off a 500 foot cliff to rocky bottom is sure death and my child would not survive. So there is no chance of saving them. It's only recovery at that point. But jumping off a 500 foot cliff into water would give a chance of survival and there for me jumping to possibly save my child.

Everything is a calculated risk. Saving my child is something I will attempt even with the odds stacked against me if there is a chance I can save them. Living to tell the tale is not a requirement if my actions save my child.
Walking up to an active shooter situation with a gun on your hip
There are so many options and possibilities in an active shooter scenario that it's impossible to say that moving into the school with LE there would be "falling on your sword."

There was a parent that was handcuffed and released and still went into the school to get her kid out by going where LE was not at the moment. She didn't fall on any sword.

And unless you have children, you cannot make any determination about what you would do. Yes, I would die doing what I believe is possible to save my children. No questions asked. Jumping off a 500 foot cliff to rocky bottom is sure death and my child would not survive. So there is no chance of saving them. It's only recovery at that point. But jumping off a 500 foot cliff into water would give a chance of survival and there for me jumping to possibly save my child.

Everything is a calculated risk. Saving my child is something I will attempt even with the odds stacked against me if there is a chance I can save them. Living to tell the tale is not a requirement if my actions save my child.
I have two children.

Life is full of choices. Objective risk assessment for what you folks are discussing must start with:

1) I will die if anything goes wrong.
2) My child and the children of others will die if anything goes wrong.

As long as those two thoughts are acknowledged and accepted, do what you need to and God Bless.

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
Artemis knows my boy Jake. She knows how far I'd go

81 - 86 of 86 Posts