Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

Registered
Me replying to your thread, which I should have know better, escalates to you speculating (and I won't disagree) that you can take me out in FOF. 馃槼
We are never meeting in person.
Relax. Brownie is a true charmer in person.

Super Moderator
I don't know (remember) what everybody carries.
No one expects you to remember what everyone carries. However, you seem to ASSUME most here on a "Concealed Carry" themed forum do not actually carry, which is pretty damn laughable. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Rick McC.

Premium Member
Ask anybody that knows me if I carry a gun.
They don't know because I never ever tell anyone.
Ronnie

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Me replying to your thread, which I should have know better, escalates to you speculating (and I won't disagree) that you can take me out in FOF. 馃槼
I said I was pretty confident I could. There's always a chance I couldn't, so I didn't make that absolute statement. Yes, it's unlikely we'll ever meet in person.

"You want to define "enlightened shooter" - and say I'm not one." Well, lets resolve whether you are or not now.
1. Shoot one handed on the move making COM hits, flat out running, not duckwalking?
2. Know how to shoot threat focused below eye level out to 30 feet and make COM hits

All the "enlightened" people I know can perform the two above all day long and nearly a dozen more skills. There's enlightened [ and there's many here who are ] and then there's the common pistolero who uses their sights for everything but get off distances as you have mentioned.

"I'll define "doing it right" and your score sounds deficient." So what grade of deficiency would you assign me. C-; D; D-? Fail? ;) I can live with your scoring system whatever you assign me on your scale of deficiency.

What course of fire are you thinking of when you decide a firearm isn't efficient enough? Police qualification course; IPSC qualification course? IDPA qualification course? The qualification standard at Front sight? Gunsite? Chuck Taylors master rating course of fire? Other courses of fire you're aware of that I haven't listed? I ask only because I've qualified with a snub on two police qualification courses in the past.

Premium Member
You have told everyone here.
I never said I carried one. Maybe I do around my house, But Never out in PUBLIC.
Guns are dangerous and nobody needs a gun that shoots 300 CLIPS A MINUTE according to my President the firearms expert.
Even if I did carry a gun, how would I hide the one my President says I don't need?

Reactions: bttbbob and racer88

Registered

Registered
Well; that鈥檇 be your loss of a potential excellent training opportunity, though the FoF training has been for TFP alumni only. It鈥榙 be a bit much for newbies.

Registered
Lets use a hypothetical example.
Our options are a Glock 19, snub 38 and LCP 380 - we shoot the 19 best.
We are retired, so work is not a limiting factor.

Glock 19 on belt + LCP or snub in pocket, everywhere* = "doing it right" A
Glock 19 everywhere = "better than average" B
Snub or LCP everywhere = average C
Doesn't always carry when they could = deficient D

*Everywhere means / implies everywhere legal.
No one expects you to remember what everyone carries. However, you seem to ASSUME most here on a "Concealed Carry" themed forum do not actually carry, which is pretty damn laughable. :rolleyes:
I don't assume that most here don't carry.
Let me reference my post above in reply to what I defined as "doing it right"

I assume (and I'm likely right) that 25-50% on forum would be at C
They have a gun that they carry when going to an area of perceived greater threat, in that example its the Glock 19 and maybe the snub / LCP as a "back-up".
Otherwise for a quick trip to the store, out to eat, walking the dog, they would just carry the snub / LCP where they perceive low anticipated threat.
I am specifically excluding work as dress requirement for work may hamper what one would carry.

Its not that I assume that most don't carry, its just likely 25-50% are willing to settle for "better than nothing" when they otherwise don't have to; which is C average. I wish I was wrong, but I'm probably not. I futilely (but not naively) encourage striving to carry B (the "bad area" gun) everywhere legal whenever possible. Of course most can (and do) ignore my suggestion, which I suppose is "pretty damn laughable".

Registered
I don't assume that most here don't carry.
Let me reference my post above in reply to what I defined as "doing it right"

I assume (and I'm likely right) that 25-50% on forum would be at C
They have a gun that they carry when going to an area of perceived greater threat, in that example its the Glock 19 and maybe the snub / LCP as a "back-up".
Otherwise for a quick trip to the store, out to eat, walking the dog, they would just carry the snub / LCP where they perceive low anticipated threat.
I am specifically excluding work as dress requirement for work may hamper what one would carry.

Its not that I assume that most don't carry, its just likely 25-50% are willing to settle for "better than nothing" when they otherwise don't have to; which is C average. I wish I was wrong, but I'm probably not. I futilely (but not naively) encourage striving to carry B (the "bad area" gun) everywhere legal whenever possible. Of course most can (and do) ignore my suggestion, which I suppose is "pretty damn laughable".
I think the issue here is that you are new to the forum... and barge in with your expertise while assuming and implying we're a bunch of noobs (who are just so lucky that you showed up with your brilliance).

The collective expertise and experience that has been here on this forum, BEFORE you arrived, is nothing short of stunning. Seriously. Some REAL experts here. A little humility goes a long way for new members on most forums.

Registered
I think the issue here is that you are new to the forum... and barge in with your expertise while assuming and implying we're a bunch of noobs (who are just so lucky that you showed up with your brilliance).

The collective expertise and experience that has been here on this forum, BEFORE you arrived, is nothing short of stunning. Seriously. Some REAL experts here. A little humility goes a long way for new members on most forums.
But but but I am a noob

Registered
CDW4ME鈥︹or YOUR enlightenment鈥︹.

inteRvieW With A modeRn dAy gunFighteR
BRoWnie demonStRAting one-hAnded Quick kiLL thReAt FocuSed SkiLLS. COLUMN BY: BRUCE N. EIMER, PH.D. inteRvieW With A modeRn dAy gunFighteR RoBin 鈥淏RoWnie鈥

Reactions: brownie

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
CDW4ME鈥︹or YOUR enlightenment鈥︹.

inteRvieW With A modeRn dAy gunFighteR
BRoWnie demonStRAting one-hAnded Quick kiLL thReAt FocuSed SkiLLS. COLUMN BY: BRUCE N. EIMER, PH.D. inteRvieW With A modeRn dAy gunFighteR RoBin 鈥淏RoWnie鈥
There's a blast from the past, had to be 07 or 08 we trained in Pa. I have both articles he wrote in that rag, this was the second one.

Registered
There are so many options and possibilities in an active shooter scenario that it's impossible to say that moving into the school with LE there would be "falling on your sword."

There was a parent that was handcuffed and released and still went into the school to get her kid out by going where LE was not at the moment. She didn't fall on any sword.

And unless you have children, you cannot make any determination about what you would do. Yes, I would die doing what I believe is possible to save my children. No questions asked. Jumping off a 500 foot cliff to rocky bottom is sure death and my child would not survive. So there is no chance of saving them. It's only recovery at that point. But jumping off a 500 foot cliff into water would give a chance of survival and there for me jumping to possibly save my child.

Everything is a calculated risk. Saving my child is something I will attempt even with the odds stacked against me if there is a chance I can save them. Living to tell the tale is not a requirement if my actions save my child.

Registered
Semi on topic. Shouldn't have been in that situation in the 1st place.
Adult steps in to help child scenario

• Wow
Reactions: bladenbullet
61 - 80 of 86 Posts