Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
The way the Police have been getting shot at traffic stops all over the country, They do and should control a gun at a stop.
I have no problem telling the officer I have a gun or more and never really had a problem.
I got stopped at a License & Insurance check in Port Orange one day and the young officer asked if I had a gun.
I told him I have one under the dash, One in my pocket. one in my waist band and four in the trunk.
He called over to the Sargent and told him I had a bunch of guns and the Sargent came over and asked if I had a permit and what was I doing with all of the guns.
I showed my permit, I told him I was on my way to the range to shoot some of them and He told me to have fun and I was on my way in less then ten minutes.
Ronnie
Um, NO! I suggest you go back and re-read the first four reasons Bob states in his OP to explain why the bolded in your statement is an extremely bad idea.

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
We have to tell IF they ask.
We do not have to tell if they do not ask.

There is a difference.
Incorrect! Please go back and read lost #17. :smack

·
Registered
9,886 Posts

There is a difference.

AM I WRONG?????
As BH stated, yes, you are mistaken.

Although I believe it is a crime to lie to the FBI. Anyone know?

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

There is a difference.

AM I WRONG?????
No Sir, you are under no obligation to inform in any way shape or form unless you are detained in a criminal investigation, not for a civil infraction.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'll ask again... Permit for what??
You don't need a permit to take your guns to the range. No such "permit" exists in Florida.
If you have a gun on you to from and while at the range. Open carrying. A police officer sees you and asks if you have a permit or lisc. Whichever term you want to use. If you have a permit you have to produce it. Period.
If you don’t have one you don’t have to produce something you don’t have.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Bob

I wouldnt want to encounter you if you were really angry and mess with your gun, it would be like robbing a 7-11 and Jerry Michulek was the clerk.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I'll ask again... Permit for what??
You don't need a permit to take your guns to the range. No such "permit" exists in Florida.
If you have a gun on you to from and while at the range. Open carrying. A police officer sees you and asks if you have a permit or lisc. Whichever term you want to use. If you have a permit you have to produce it. Period.
If you don’t have one you don’t have to produce something you don’t have.
Yes... Well aware of the laws pertaining to the CCW license (and producing it on request). Obviously we don't need a "permit" for the guns or to transport them to the range. Some states require such permits. And I've seen SO many assume they are required in Florida (and everywhere else).

Likewise, it is OFTEN assumed that all guns are "registered."

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
Thats one of the reasons I belong to this forum, to keep learning !
Just in case any "tone" or aggravation came through in my text, please be assured it had nothing to do with you. I'm annoyed that Chris published that piece in the first place and annoyed that it still sits out there uncorrected, spreading misinformation from a seemingly credible source. I was told that he has been told he is wrong but he is unmoved.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts

There is a difference.

AM I WRONG?????
Rather than simply saying "yes, you are wrong", which doesn't advance the conversation, I'm more curious why you think we have to tell them if they ask. What statute, case law, or other legal obligation do you believe gives rise to that duty?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just in case any "tone" or aggravation came through in my text, please be assured it had nothing to do with you. I'm annoyed that Chris published that piece in the first place and annoyed that it still sits out there uncorrected, spreading misinformation from a seemingly credible source. I was told that he has been told he is wrong but he is unmoved.
No Worries Brian. I'm just surprised I didn't know that about the NO DUTY TO INFORM - guess I missed that one :dunno However If asked by LEO if I have a gun in car ( which has happened ) I would just say yes and I have a FCWL.

The way I see it is I have 3 options 1 - to do what BOB did or 2- lie or 3 - just tell them yes I do.

Don't think lying is a good option and to confront them, not interested in that one , I fight enough battles, don't need another cause. Although I understand what Bob is trying to accomplish. To each his own

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
No Worries Brian. I'm just surprised I didn't know that about the NO DUTY TO INFORM - guess I missed that one :dunno However If asked by LEO if I have a gun in car ( which has happened ) I would just say yes and I have a FCWL.

The way I see it is I have 3 options 1 - to do what BOB did or 2- lie or 3 - just tell them yes I do.

Don't think lying is a good option and to confront them, not interested in that one , I fight enough battles, don't need another cause. Although I understand what Bob is trying to accomplish. To each his own
Same here, as I don’t intend to lie to a LEO. Actually, I don’t lie to anyone...

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Ah, yes... To carry concealed, yes.
I'm confused as to what this means.

No license is required to carry concealed or openly when going to, from, or at the range.

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors’ gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Ah, yes... To carry concealed, yes.
I'm confused as to what this means.

No license is required to carry concealed or openly when going to, from, or at the range.

(3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors’ gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;

-on Tapatalk
Not concealed... Open carry only, to and from range, fishing, hunting, etc.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I'm guessing some of you do not know that a lot of Police Officers get Shot at traffic stops. Just because you would not shot a cop, there are are lot of people that will and they DO.
What I am saying is all you need to do is COMPLY to what the officer asks of you and you will be on your way in almost no time.
Any Leo on this forum can chime in on what i'm saying because they know how a traffic stop can go bad in a flash.
Ronnie

38 Police officers shot and killed in 2019, Not all at traffic stops but total,
Many have been shot but not died ,
Tragic any way you look at it

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm guessing some of you do not know that a lot of Police Officers get Shot at traffic stops. Just because you would not shot a cop, there are are lot of people that will and they DO.
What I am saying is all you need to do is COMPLY to what the officer asks of you and you will be on your way in almost no time.
Any Leo on this forum can chime in on what i'm saying because they know how a traffic stop can go bad in a flash.
Ronnie

38 Police officers shot and killed in 2019, Not all at traffic stops but total,
Many have been shot but not died ,
Tragic any way you look at it
Nope sorry. Not in this lifetime. There are laws for a reason. LEO doesn’t get a pass to break the law just because they wear a badge. If I have to obey the law, they do too. This isn’t NAZI Germany.
You may do as you please at a traffic stop but I gave you the reasons it’s a bad idea for police to disarm you.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Now you please tell me this,
Do you really think you are going to win if a fight with a Police Officer or the 6 or 7 that join in just because you felt you are within your right which you certainly are.
There are a million things they will charge you with if you do not comply to a Police Officer.
Sorry, but this is just the way it is in 2020
Ronnie

21 - 40 of 66 Posts