Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mailed my application in early Oct. I have called twice since then and have been told that my money was recieved and that i am processing. I called today and they told me that I dont come up in their system. I gave my name,and my SSN and they do not see anything for me....
How can i call twice before and be in the system and call today have no records that I have sent an application in!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Call again on a different business day and you should get a better answer unless you get the same person. Barring any problems (and holiday down time) your license is probably due in the next few weeks. Patience is the key.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Ask specifically to speak to a supervisor. The people that answer the phone are just that people who answer the phone. They can't give you any answers that are not specifically on their "script."

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
I also mailed in early October and received mine a couple of days ago. I used electronic fingerprints.

·
653 Posts
I can't be sure about this. But I worked for many years processing permits for the state (not CWFL). All the applications are placed into an electronic tracking system. We had a daily Que that was printed with all the pending applications and the status. Once a permit was issued the application dropped from the system and had to be searched using the main database. It may be that they looked in a Que for the application status and the license has already been issued and is on its way to you, dropping it from their Que. But since I never worked for DACS its only an educated guess.

It may also be that they require additional information or there is something missing from your application package and they sent you a letter to that affect that you have not received yet. That may drop you from their Que also. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bet you liked henryher's answer the best! :D I was gonna say maybe they entered a number of your SS wrong or something simple like that.. If you were "in the system" twice before, I'd not be worried at all about it.. Your probably just about ready to get your license!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts