Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So, I misunderstood the scenario initially. It appears the "protesters" were ON his property... had crashed a gate and then walked up his long driveway to the house. I thought they were on a "public" road and the "sidewalk." Apparently not. They were within the confines of his property. Not cool.

·
Registered
7,631 Posts
So, I misunderstood the scenario initially. It appears the "protesters" were ON his property... had crashed a gate and then walked up his long driveway to the house. I thought they were on a "public" road and the "sidewalk." Apparently not. They were within the confines of his property. Not cool.
Yeah, this article has some good aerial imagery that lets you figure out where these cretins were. They weren't out by the road they were where they shouldn't be, and had forcibly entered.

Curtilage. Unlawful and forceful entry. Castle doctrine. Dead criminals.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Now, that makes a difference, puts the couple's actions into proper perspective. . . .

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Bladenbullet, you are absolutely correct. I’m going to start giving advice on drilling teeth. Our resident dentist pulled out the definition in the federal statutes colloquially referred to as “tack ons” It applies to “tacking on” an additional penalty for a certain federal violent crimes or drug related crimes with use of firearms. If you brandish a firearm during the commission of those enumerated crimes, you face a mandatory minimum of seven years and if you fire a weapon even accidentally during the commission of federal felony crimes or drug crimes, the minimum mandatory is 10 years.

The federal definition of brandishing has zero to do with these folks facing the mob. Certainly both these folks were not practicing firearm safety or muzzle-discipline as Brownie and I immediately noticed. Missouri law (which governs their behavior) prohibits open display of a weapon in an aggressive fashion not necessary in self-defense or words to that effect. I don’t see anything in Missouri law regarding “brandishing“

I caught a news clip where there was supposedly armed demonstrators some wearing body armor. I think under the circumstances it has caused somewhat of an uproar amongst some folks, these homeowners may well have been entitled to display weapons to discourage any attack or violation of their home. Rest assured if these folks were “Facebook ninjas” and had posted pictures and bragged about what they would do if rioters came by, they would be up to their veritable ears in it right now and in a very an unenviable defensive position.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Who lounges around their house in a pink tucked in shirt? I love the shot of him up on the porch with his Maddog wife up in the yard, finger on the trigger, yelling at the crowd.I guess tactically you want to put you more expendable troops closest to the enemy.

Damned lawyers, 95% of them give the other 5% of us a bad name.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Who lounges around their house in a pink tucked in shirt? I love the shot of him up on the porch with his Maddog wife up in the yard, finger on the trigger, yelling at the crowd.I guess tactically you want to put you more expendable troops closest to the enemy.

Damned lawyers, 95% of them give the other 5% of us a bad name.
Now that is funny. . . and, yeah, I would not have stepped out of the house barefoot and wearing a pink polo. . . . :confused:

·
Registered
20,253 Posts
there is video of the mob walking through a gate marked "private road access limited to residents" then to the property in question, with the husband starting in the side yard on a porch demanding they leave the neighborhood...the mob starts chanting "whos street? our street" multiple times and continues to push forward...

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
20,253 Posts
brandish this....

"This is all private property," McCloskey went on to say in his statement to KMOV. "There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob."

videos on twitter...

at the point where the dog was mentioned i would say "send it"...

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
If they came after my toothless one eyed Chihuahua, Tank, I would, as Russell Crowe said “unleash hell” Tank and I are both retired studs and are both very protective of each other.

You would think the lawyer would have the decency to put on a T-shirt to disguise his man boobs before coming outside. If you look carefully at one of the pictures you can see the martini glasses. How dare the rioters disturb the ceremonial pouring of the bloody Mary’s?

What is she carrying, a Walther PPK?

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
I have no words. . .
In case anyone misunderstood the above post #6 of this thread, that was in reference to the terrible muzzle AND trigger discipline of the two home defenders.

The article BrianB posted makes the claim that the protesters didn't appear to be "on the McCloskey "palaial property," it appears from the aerial photos that is complete bullschiznit. The article also quoted another Missouri lawyer:

Lawyer Don Calloway called on the Missouri Bar to revoke their licences.

'A fellow lawyer from Missouri, a guy I know named Mark McCloskey committed an assault tonight in STL by pointing his AR 15 at peaceful protesters,' he wrote.

'He should be arrested and charged with assault immediately. The MO Bar should revoke their licenses.
IANAL but I must presume Attorney Don Calloway might not be too familiar with self-defense law (it seems the mob broke down the gate to their property and then made multiple threats of violence against the McCloskeys persons, home/property, even their dog).

While I agree with earlier posts that the McCloskeys were more overt than I would have been, but upon hearing the threats being uttered at them AND their dog, I think they were ultimately right to arm themselves and have a Gran Torino moment!

·
Registered
20,253 Posts
i am not sure how many see this as i do...these "protests" have spun completely out of control and have long been well beyond peaceful gatherings...peaceful gatherings do not disrupt the life and livelihood of non protesting people...they deliver a message in numbers...

the lack of control of these "protests" has created a situation where the participants have become bold to the point that dont believe there are any rules applied to what they are doing...they think they own whatever they take and rule over whoever they outnumber...

as it stands...unchecked...there is a chance this will end in a bloodbath...unfortunately, there are many who are just caught up in the moment and being mob lead to their undoing...and it isnt going to end well for any of them....they are foolish and mesmerized by the power the mob has given them to the point where they are drunk with stupidity and believe they walk on water...it will be a sad day when they meet an opposing force that says "this is where the road ends and there are two choices"....because they will more than likely make the drunken choice thinking they are on the right side...there is a tipping point...and i feel it is near....they keep pushing boundaries, and are likely to find the out of bounds line by accident...God help them when they do...

i'll leave it at that....

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i am not sure how many see this as i do...these "protests" have spun completely out of control and have long been well beyond peaceful gatherings...peaceful gatherings do not disrupt the life and livelihood of non protesting people...they deliver a message in numbers...

the lack of control of these "protests" has created a situation where the participants have become bold to the point that dont believe there are any rules applied to what they are doing...they think they own whatever they take and rule over whoever they outnumber...

as it stands...unchecked...there is a chance this will end in a bloodbath...unfortunately, there are many who are just caught up in the moment and being mob lead to their undoing...and it isnt going to end well for any of them....they are foolish and mesmerized by the power the mob has given them to the point where they are drunk with stupidity and believe they walk on water...it will be a sad day when they meet an opposing force that says "this is where the road ends and there are two choices"....because they will more than likely make the drunken choice thinking they are on the right side...there is a tipping point...and i feel it is near....they keep pushing boundaries, and are likely to find the out of bounds line by accident...God help them when they do...

i'll leave it at that....
I think you are 100% spot on.

·
Registered
20,253 Posts
If they came after my toothless one eyed Chihuahua, Tank, I would, as Russell Crowe said “unleash hell” Tank and I are both retired studs and are both very protective of each other.
off subject because it rang with me on an experience when my daughter was a young teen...she was talking back to my wife and saying some stuff she would be very sorry for later if she did not stop...my wife was at her wits end...

stepped up behind my daughter facing away from my wife, and calmly whispered in her ear "so help me god if you dont shut up, apologize to your mother and go directly to your room i will unleash a holy hell on you that even God himself (gender assign) could not prepare for."...

my daughter turned, apologized and with the straightest "i will not cry" face and went directly to her room...my wife asked what i said...i told her "you are not being very nice and i think your mother deserves an apology", and i smiled...my wife knew better than to question me....

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I think it is only a matter of time. . . . the fault lies with our elected officials who have bowed to the mob. As BnB stated, the emboldened 'protesters' are testing the limits. Regrettably, I believe they will soon find their answer. It won't be pretty.

It is frustrating to see legitimate grievances hijacked by the extreme left and anarchists. White 'protesters' who are purportedly more upset about racism than those who have actually suffered its sting--opportunists who wish to erase the noble legacy of Western thought and liberalism (in its true sense). They seek to delegitimize the founders of this great country, erase its past, and in its place set up . . . what?

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Bladenbullet, great story!

Beerhunter, Don Calloway is an African-American lawyer and Democratic politician he was in the house of representatives and then lost reelection in 2010. Now he seems to run a business taking advantage of his experience. He appears to have no particular experience in criminal law but this does get his name out in the public, what a surprise.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
This is what the Democrat party has embraced. Burn em all

·
Registered
756 Posts
These people broke down a private gate and went onto private property! And the people of this area are saying things like this:

"We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated," she said in her statement. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

Sorry, but no one has the right to protest on private property. How in the world can anyone say that a mob of protesters has a right to come onto someone's personal property like this! This is really getting out of hand. I cannot fathom having a large group of people come onto your own personal property and threaten you and yet they investigate you for protecting yourself! Craziness!

·
Registered
16,451 Posts
Was not public property but instead private and they broke thru a gate to get to him. Not to mention it is a community in which he most likely pays the HOA for maintenance to the property throughout. So technically I think everything in there is partially his property, no?
You can see his home behind this gate.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts