Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
I'm one of the odd ones out. I don't clean my carry firearm every time I come back from the range. I wouldn't have bought and continued to use it if it were finicky like that.

Not only do I have ghosts from Christmas pasts yelling at me, but every time I need to scrub it down to make it clean, I remind myself how much easier it would be if I just kept the gun clean.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I almost always clean my carry gun after every range session. Have there been times its only gotten the wipe down and lube in appropriate points because I didn't go to town on it? Yes, but that's half the reason for owning a Glock,right? ;)

Edit to add, there have been a few times I took my firearm out of the holster at range, and yes, there were some good holster fuzzies hanging out inside the holster and around the firearm. I know this will sound reckless and crazy, but I just fired it anyway to torture them!

· Registered
2,886 Posts
I've slacked on mine, bought it a few months ago one range trip, and yet to clean it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Caleb

· Registered
57,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm surprised people don't carry a properly cleaned/oils/lubricated handgun when their life may depend on that firearm.

I've certainly left guns dirty for months, sometimes for years, but NEVER the gun that's being used to keep my butt above ground. Call me anal about carry guns, but a carry gun to me was something I had a very good chance of having to use nearly every day for just shy of 28 years.

I hate cleaning firearms, but there'll never be a carry gun in a holster on my belt for SD that's not fully cleaned and lubed and ready for service, not even my glocks. I suppose it may have something to do with having carried 1911's for those working years that had me anal about the guns being fully cleaned/lubed and operational.

· Registered
2,886 Posts
I'm surprised people don't carry a properly cleaned/oils/lubricated handgun when their life may depend on that firearm.

I've certainly left guns dirty for months, sometimes for years, but NEVER the gun that's being used to keep my butt above ground. Call me anal about carry guns, but a carry gun to me was something I had a very good chance of having to use nearly every day for just shy of 28 years.

I hate cleaning firearms, but there'll never be a carry gun in a holster on my belt for SD that's not fully cleaned and lubed and ready for service, not even my glocks. I suppose it may have something to do with having carried 1911's for those working years that had me anal about the guns being fully cleaned/lubed and operational.
I normally do, but since the hurricane my cleaning bench has been buried and my desk was destroyed. I don't think my wife would like me cleaning it at the dinner table. I plan on setting up a card table to get it done this weekend

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts