Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting the attached holster from DM Bullard http://www.dmbullardleather.com/1429711.html
Does anyone have any experience with this holster as compared to a C-Tac holster. It's the Dual Carry Conceal holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a dual carry holster on April 27 for my Springfield XD 40 sc. I should be getting it any day now. When I do I will let ya know how it is, but I have heard nothing but good reviews on.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
The amount of shoulder articulation and distance the hand has to move to retrieve the firearm [ almost or at 5 O'clock from the picture ] will preclude any real speed of draw IMO.

I prefer the gun closer to my relaxed hand while walking. It'll conceal a fairly large handgun quite well, but at what cost?

Brownie

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I posted this thread just over a year ago. I actually got the Dual Carry and posted pics here http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=163

Brownie you are right about your observations and I have been wearing it in the 3:30 position. I have done hundreds of draws from it so my muscle memory is now well honed. No matter what holster you have make sure you practice drawing on a regular basis until it becmes second nature.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The amount of shoulder articulation and distance the hand has to move to retrieve the firearm [ almost or at 5 O'clock from the picture ] will preclude any real speed of draw IMO.

I prefer the gun closer to my relaxed hand while walking. It'll conceal a fairly large handgun quite well, but at what cost?

Brownie
I agree, and it is worse when you are very much a senior. For that reason I much prefer a holster that rides lower such as a Sparks I-BAK or Brommeland Def-Con. I suspect that the I-BAK is the fastest to get and a very reasonable price for such quality.

My favorite holster for my 1911 LW compact is a horsehide Nossar PNCK-H shark. Alex cut it so that the gun clears the holster by the time the muzzle gets to the top of the belt. Sure is easy on my shoulder, and faster than a high ride for me.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
I'd not heard of Nossar before Jerry. Checked his sigth....that's some nice looking leather.

I also prefer holsters that ride lower than is traditional due to my particular build and shredded shoulder.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd not heard of Nossar before Jerry. Checked his sigth....that's some nice looking leather.

I also prefer holsters that ride lower than is traditional due to my particular build and shredded shoulder.
Alex is the best. No one is as good as Alex considering skill and workmanship, caring about the customer and his needs, design of his products, and quality. He is a true gentleman, and even called from Peru me to make sure he knew what I wanted.
I don't know what his lead times are now.

The holsters that ride to suit me that I have are, Sparks Axiom and I-BAK, Brommeland Def-Con ( A great holster), and Alex's horsehide PNCK (The best).
I have an Alessi CQC/S for a G26 on the way that I got off ebay and feel sure it will also ride right for me.

Re Bullard" holsters, are they hard molded? How do they compare with Sparks holsters for example as far as quality and workmanship are concerned?

Regards,
Jerry

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
The CQCS is my favorite holster by far, as I'm very partial to the snap-ons. Too bad Alex doesn't have a version of that holster.

The only slotted holster I've ever had that worked for me is one of LittleBear Dave's Hoplon's for my LW Commander. The way he molds the holster and the slots makes it the only slotted holster I've ever had that sits flat enough for me. He didn't make it specifically for me, so it rides just a tad high, but I will order another one from him.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Rvrctyrngr,

The more I use snaps the more I like them. I have a couple of CQC/S on order from last Aug and Sep. One is for a Kahr P9 and the other for a J frame.
I am finding that I like the snaps on the CQC/S better than the design of the Axiom. The Axiom is harder to snap, but I am ordering a Sparks belt when he opens on the 1st. Maybe that will made the Axiom easier.

As for the rest of you, please refrain from ordering until I get my belt ordered next Monday.
Why do I think everyone will ignore my request?:D:D

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK, I got my belt ordered so everyone please feel free to get on the phone and order something from Sparks.:):)

Best,
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts