Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting observation from my visit to Disneyworld this week. Went to Hollywood Studios & Epcot. Neither park had their metal detectors in use, everyone just walked through. No bag searches either. I didn't carry & I assumed detectors would be in use. Find this very strange as they have been using them for quite a while up to this point.

· Registered
8,566 Posts
At first, I thought the "cost" might be a factor (i.e. cost of installing them everywhere at once), but I believe "The Rodent" is rich enough to get that done. Maybe... just maybe... it's a matter of "demand." I mean, where are those security measures in the most demand within the entire complex? What part of the park imposes the greatest risk and, therefore, demands those measures? IMHO, that would be the "Magic Kingdom" and thereabouts, because that's where the greatest concentration of kids are. I think it's also the most well known of the complex's components and, therefore, the most recognizable target. The 9/11 terrorists attacked both United and American Airlines because of their size and notoriety... not "Swiss" Airlines or "Alaska" or "Southwest." Furthermore, even though they could probably install them everywhere, I also wonder if they're reacting to public backlash over being searched all over the place and, therefore not installing them everywhere where the "demand/risk" is not as high.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At first, I thought the "cost" might be a factor (i.e. cost of installing them everywhere at once), but I believe "The Rodent" is rich enough to get that done. Maybe... just maybe... it's a matter of "demand." I mean, where are those security measures in the most demand within the entire complex? What part of the park imposes the greatest risk and, therefore, demands those measures? IMHO, that would be the "Magic Kingdom" and thereabouts, because that's where the greatest concentration of kids are. I think it's also the most well known of the complex's components and, therefore, the most recognizable target. The 9/11 terrorists attacked both United and American Airlines because of their size and notoriety... not "Swiss" Airlines or "Alaska" or "Southwest." Furthermore, even though they could probably install them everywhere, I also wonder if they're reacting to public backlash over being searched all over the place and, therefore not installing them everywhere where the "demand/risk" is not as high.
Well thing is Disney has had metal detectors already installed at the parks for a number of years now. And has used them along with bag searches. It doesn’t make sense to me that they were suddenly stop using them. I know universal studios has used them for quite some time as well, but there has to be some reason To suddenly stop. The fact is they already spent the money on the metal detectors and the bag search doesn’t really cost them anything so this is a mystery.

· Registered
8,566 Posts
Well thing is Disney has had metal detectors already installed at the parks for a number of years now. And has used them along with bag searches. It doesn’t make sense to me that they were suddenly stop using them. I know universal studios has used them for quite some time as well, but there has to be some reason To suddenly stop. The fact is they already spent the money on the metal detectors and the bag search doesn’t really cost them anything so this is a mystery.
There is still the cost to operate them, and have staff there for that. But, again, I think "The Rodent' can handle those costs. I would, therefore, have to lean more towards them "standing down" in places where the extra measures may not be as 'in demand." and, perhaps where they may be experiencing some "backlash" for imposing them ("backlash" in the form of reduced ticket sales). Othewise, I agree it's quite the mystery.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t know guys, everything I’m reading says demand, and ticket sales are at a all time high Even though they keep raising the prices and adding new schemes like Genie + plus and lightning Lane to squeeze my money out of you.They have approximately 77,000 employees at Disney World. And I honestly don’t think it’s backlash, because Disney is a liberal company who does not care about any conservative issues. Also, both universal studios and sea world here in Orlando have the same zero tolerance policy for firearms. On the other hand have to say, Star Wars is a fabulous experience.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don’t know how they can automate either the metal detectors or bag check. I was carrying a good size aluminum Nitecore flashlight that certainly should have alerted if they were detecting metallic objects. I don’t go to Disney that often, but will be curious next time To see what they do. I do know they are more greedy than ever, if you want to get on the top attractions you have to pay extra above the high ticket prices.

· Premium Member
7,236 Posts
Mabe, Just MAYBE it is the DEM O RATS looking for another mass shooting and since the schools are "NOT" easily available anymore, Disney would be a perfect venue for one.
They need one to get another gun safety measure in place.
Ronnie

I'm just guessing about this and hope I am 100% wrong.

Reactions: racer88

· Registered
8,566 Posts
Mabe, Just MAYBE it is the DEM O RATS looking for another mass shooting and since the schools are "NOT" easily available anymore, Disney would be a perfect venue for one.
They need one to get another gun safety measure in place.
Ronnie

I'm just guessing about this and hope I am 100% wrong.
Oh, Good Grief.. I hope not either Ronnie! I really do. But I can't completely exclude that possibility either. Considering what "life" means to them (which isn't much, as evidenced by their stand on abortion, etc.). Well... other people's lives, at least!

· Registered
58,170 Posts
Stock price for the rat was 201.91 in 2019. Today, it's stock is at 101.17. Nearly a 50% drop in stock price since they went woke, started supporting transgenders and making transgender movies. The people have spoken and are boycotting the rat.
Revenue dictates corporate decisions. The less they create an atmosphere of intruding on people the better at this time for the rat.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m not defending them, know they are a left wing corporation. But let me tell you first time I have been there in 5 years & it was packed to the rafters everyday. People buying & eating everything. They are doing just fine - most visited vacation destination in the world.

· Registered
58,170 Posts
I’m not defending them, know they are a left wing corporation. But let me tell you first time I have been there in 5 years & it was packed to the rafters everyday. People buying & eating everything. They are doing just fine - most visited vacation destination in the world.
Their stock prices suggest overall, they've lost a lot of revenue stream. That would of course include their movie and other divisions within the org

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, and with the current price of theme park tickets, they'll have it paid off by the 50th rider.
And here’s the kicker, you can’t just buy a overpriced ticket then go on the ride.you have to make a reservation tied to that ticket for a specific day. And It is so popular you either pay extra $14 for a lightning lane e-pass of sign up for the ’virtual queue “ - or both. Everything is dependent on Disney app to do anything. Everybody walks around glued to their phone. But have to say it is the coolest, most advanced indoor coaster in the world.

Attachments

· Registered
16,967 Posts
And here’s the kicker, you can’t just buy a overpriced ticket then go on the ride.you have to make a reservation tied to that ticket for a specific day. And It is so popular you either pay extra $14 for a lightning lane e-pass of sign up for the ’virtual queue “ - or both. Everything is dependent on Disney app to do anything. Everybody walks around glued to their phone.
***k that ***t. I'm glad we were in "Disney mode" years ago with our kids. You bought a ticket. You went through the line. You rode the ride. Next!

Reservations for an amusement park ride?!?? AFTER paying for admission? GTFOOH!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts