Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks on September 11, 2001, most of the sheep, that is, most citizens in America said, “Thank God I wasn’t on one of those planes.” The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, “Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes. Maybe I could have made a difference.” When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
When I read the words in bold...I got a chill...because while I am not a youthful pup...itching for a fight...I remember feeling that way after 9/11...and yet I also know I have always felt that way...

How about you...you ever think those words...or something very similar?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Right after 9/11 the shrinks were saying a very large number of vets were feeling anxious and frustrated. They needed to do something.

We never did find out what we could do.

AFS

·
Registered
4 Posts
I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. I had been out of the military for over thirty years and was in my mid fifties. I knew there was no way I could get in the fight. I do know that I really wanted to go kill some BGs though and still do to this day.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
911 was my personal wake up call of my life. I was flying that day because I worked for United Airlines. I remember the airline training well which basically said do not fight back in a hijacking. It felt the same way living in NYC where you were not allowed to own a gun for protection. That day sealed it for me because I watched my co-workers murdered because of stupid rules.

Now I will fight for my family and this country as long as I live. I'm a civilian and this country has been good to me so I'll fight anyway I can to preserve the constitution and my way of life.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
In June, I had to fly to Minnesota for a wedding and in August I will be flying to Ohio for a reunion.

I have always, and still do, have the mindset that the first time some clown jumps up and either causes a disorderly life threatening act or attempts to hijack the aircraft, I am not going to be a sheep.

I am going to act as quickly and as hard as I can. My firearm may be in the checked-in luggage, but that does not mean than I cannot do my best " NFL Linebacker " impression and take him down as soon as possible.

Hopefully, there will be other " sheepdogs " on board to back me up. If not, at least I will not be setting idle like a sheep, while I am flown into the side of a building.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear that...I recently flew from Nashville to Charlotte and then Charlotte to Orlando (both planes were full as it was right before the holiday weekend)...and I remember thinking...wondering...how many of those folks would join me in a fight if it became necessary?

Never happened...obviously...and I really don't know if I could have counted on any of the other passengers (though I suspect there would be a few)...but I was also prepared to take action if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts