Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
They might as well stop selling them. In my opinion anybody who supports the 2nd amendment would never buy a gun, or anything else, from them anyway.

They are dead to me. Wifey wants to buy a nice kayak. I'll pay double for the thing if needed rather than buy it from Dick's.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re circling the drain anyway. I ran into the guy from the gun department at another location and he told me that his inventory was really down for Christmas 2019 and he was afraid for his job. They are aptly named.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not saying this is the issue with dicks, but for some places it’s a business decision and selling guns just doesn’t add up.

My dad has a friend that owns a small local outdoors store near savannah, Ga. Started it in the 70’s as a bait stand and grew to a full scale outdoors store with all sorts of hunting, fishing and camping gear, including guns. But firearms were a small part of his business as being near the water his customers mostly wanted fishing stuff. A few years ago he completely stopped selling guns. He said at the volume he was dealing in, his profit on many of the popular guns was 20-40 bucks, and he may only sell a dozen or so a week. It didn’t add up for the cost of maintaining his FFL, insurances premiums, and took up space he could put more fishing stuff in and move faster for better profits.

Dick’s I’m sure had enough volume to overcome those challenges.

I’ve also noticed, around here at least, Dick’s are located in shopping centers that seem to be centered in snowflake areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
I don't give a %&(*$ what Dick's does. I will never spend a single penny in their stores again. I made that decision after they overreacted to Sandy Hook and cancelled layaways on Black Friday AR sales.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The one by me stopped selling guns or ANYTHING gun/shooting/hunting related a while ago! Haven't been in there since and hope it's an empty store soon, where Academy can move into!

·
Super Moderator
26,032 Posts
They might as well stop selling them. In my opinion anybody who supports the 2nd amendment would never buy a gun, or anything else, from them anyway.

They are dead to me. Wifey wants to buy a nice kayak. I'll pay double for the thing if needed rather than buy it from Dick's.
This. Haven't set foot in one of their stores since they actively lobbied against the rights of 18-20 year old citizens. SCROOM!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

I'd pay triple.

Here's the thing though, I really wish that Dick's would just get on with it.
Take the guns out back and crush them, or shove them up the collective asses of their Board of Directors - I really don't care.
I just don't want to hear or read anything more about Dick's Sporting Goods until it is their obituary in the bankruptcy courts.

And when that day comes (and it will), I may even pen a quick note to the bankruptcy Judge about how the geniuses at Dick's thought it would be a good idea to completely alienate (in fact, piss off) a huge segment of their core customer base. As self-appointed brand-assassin, I would hope to relate that not only is Dick's an abject failure in the sporting goods business, but that its behavior on this front entirely precludes it from any durable reorganization or recovery. Just bust up whatever pieces remain, sell the stores and fixtures, and pay as many debt-holders as that tiny pittance will cover. And not a penny in retention bonuses to the aforementioned geniuses who completely wrecked the company with their anti-American, anti-2A, virtue-signaling bull****.

Dick's is dead to me too -- except for bad-mouthing them at every opportunity!!

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
This. Haven't set foot in one of their stores since they actively lobbied against the rights of 18-20 year old citizens. SCROOM!
Same with Nike. Same with Gillette. Same with Levis.

I was a lifelong customer of all of them. No more.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Same with Nike. Same with Gillette. Same with Levis.

I was a lifelong customer of all of them. No more.
At least Gillette realized the error of their ways and backed off from it. But if it hadn't hurt them in the pocketbook I doubt that would have happened. It was a stupid ass move on their part and I think they regretted it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
It doesn't matter what they do, I will never set foot in any of their store's. I'm just waiting for the news their bankrupt and closed forever and any company that pulls that kind of BS will end the same.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
I haven't set foot in a Walmart since they pulled their crap, and won't

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
What’s the story on Gillette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gillette ran a TV ad that effectively blamed ALL men for "toxic masculinity." Oddly, Gillette thought it was a good idea to attack an entire gender... and then think that it would compel that group (men) to buy their razors.

I used Gillette from when I first started shaving (almost 40 years).... until they ran that ad attacking all men. Never looked back. It doesn't matter that they pulled the ad. They meant what they meant. And, I see no reason to continue patronizing their company when there are alternatives.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I do believe that a store like Dicks has the freedom to sell or not sell what they want.
I also believe a business like Chick Fil A has the freedom to donate to who they want to.
I also do believe that if a person does not like guns has the freedom to not own one.
***********************BUT ***********************************
I do also truly believe that all Americans have the constitutional right to own, carry, and shoot as many guns as they want to own.
I do believe that all Americans can shop and spend their money on what they want and where they want to spend it.
All Americans do have the freedom to donate $$$$$ to the charity of their own choice.
******************************* AND ******************************
I do not believe anyone in America has the freedom or a right to not allow me or any American citizen to not have and enjoy the freedom that our United States Constitution affords all of us.
It seems to me that every true democrat in this country thinks they have a right to over ride our Bill of Rights afforded by the constitution
It is not only the 2nd. amendment they are PI$$ING ON but the other rights we used to have such as "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" - "PRIVACY" and "SPEECH" ( Just a few)
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 38 Posts